FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By afh928
I want to come across some Temperate Pings and it seems like they are a bit hard to come by through the usual avenues so i thought i would:

A)See if anyone had some on here they would be willing to sell

or

B) Knew of a good source online where i can get a decent variety of temperate pings.

Most of the usual places i would look don't have alot of variety, and right now i am not doing tropicals (until i have some land and a warm-house specifically FOR tropicals) so those are out.

Let me know guys!
By Veronis
Cascade has a lot of pings, but I don't know if they are temperate, Mexican or a mix - they have 44 listings.

Are you planning on growing indoors or out on your porch? Mexican pings can be grown as a house plant (they're zone 11).

Temperate pings you could probably grow on your porch year-round.

http://www.cascadecarnivores.com/index. ... ccfeeff452

I checked my other bookmarked online stores but it doesn't seem like anyone sells temperate pings - they're all Mexican/tropical.

Here's at least a partial list of temperate pings - http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq5460.html
By afh928
I grow outdoors exclusively, hence why i want to find a good source of temperate pings. Once i get my hands on some good varieties i will propagate from that point on, i just need to find somewhere to get a good initial batch of a few different varieties of temperates. :mrgreen:
By Veronis
afh928 wrote:I grow outdoors exclusively, hence why i want to find a good source of temperate pings. Once i get my hands on some good varieties i will propagate from that point on, i just need to find somewhere to get a good initial batch of a few different varieties of temperates. :mrgreen:
I looked around but everything I found was mexican. You could ask in the Pinguicula forum over on terraforums.com - they've got some hardcore ping lovers over there that might have some input for you. :)
By afh928
Thanks man, hopefully i can come up with something! After reading the Savage Garden i am ENTHRALLED with Pings! Of course, i am unadulteratedly enthralled with ALL CPs anyway, lol...but still...i want PINGS!!!
By Veronis
afh928 wrote:Thanks man, hopefully i can come up with something! After reading the Savage Garden i am ENTHRALLED with Pings! Of course, i am unadulteratedly enthralled with ALL CPs anyway, lol...but still...i want PINGS!!!
Yea Savage Garden has all kinds of good info; that was the first CP book I ever bought, and I read it end to end along with Barry's awesome FAQ at http://sarracenia.com/faq.html.

Pings are something I want to get into at some point as well. I just don't have the room or the environment for keeping them alive long-term yet. All in due time...
By nealfor
You can sometimes find Pinguicula primuliflora at Lowes in those death cubes...
By afh928
Yeah, i think they have stopped with the CP displays for the season though. Hopefully someone will surface who will have some!
By mktamin
They sell one kind of temperate ping on California carnivores, but it being native to california, I'm not sure if it will survive winters in GA (I'm not sure how cold it gets down there, but if you email Peter D'Amato, the owner of california carnivores, he will answer any of your questions within 1 or 2 days) http://www.californiacarnivores.com/pma ... otted.aspx
By Aging_Bourbon
After looking over this trend for quit sometime now.. I would say outta the three that I really know that you can get that are Temperate are
  • P. Grandiflora- European Butterwort
  • P. Macroceras- The Horned Butterwort
  • P. Primuliflora- Primrose Butterwort

Picture are some that I found and are examples of that plant.
I usually get my pings from Sarracenia Norhwest But they seem to be out. But you could try California Carnivores_ Temp Ping page But they only have the Horned Butterwort.
Hope this helps man!

Allen,
By afh928
Just thought i would put some life back into this thread and see if anyone else knows/has/etc. a good source for some temperate pings?! Once i get my hands on some varieties i like i will propagate my own from there, i am just looking for a good batch of a few varieties to get started with. Let me know!
By afh928
Still nothing, lol?!

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!