FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By That one plant boi
Hello guys!

So as of May, the Florida rain season has begun. Lately we have been getting on and off thunderstorms every other day which I think my nepenthes outdoors probably enjoy. However, starting today, it appears that we will be getting heavy thunderstorms for a week and a half straight.

So my question is this; will my nepenthes be ok with the amount of water they will be receiving from these thunderstorms? I would hate for any of them to develop any sort of rot.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By oval
I would make sure the pots can drain freely; any excess water should be able to drain away in a short time.
By hungry carnivores
Yup! Drainage is key, even for bog plants like sarrs. Although my sarrs take about 1 minute to drain after a flood.
By Supercazzola
How did they do in the rainy season? I am debating keeping mine outside or not.

That one plant boi wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:56 pm Hello guys!

So as of May, the Florida rain season has begun. Lately we have been getting on and off thunderstorms every other day which I think my nepenthes outdoors probably enjoy. However, starting today, it appears that we will be getting heavy thunderstorms for a week and a half straight.

So my question is this; will my nepenthes be ok with the amount of water they will be receiving from these thunderstorms? I would hate for any of them to develop any sort of rot.

Thanks!

By That one plant boi
Supercazzola wrote:How did they do in the rainy season? I am debating keeping mine outside or not.

That one plant boi wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:56 pm Hello guys!

Thanks!

They actually did really good. They seemed to enjoy the surplus of humidity and moisture.

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!