FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By ZeGamingCuber
sbrooks wrote:
ZeGamingCuber wrote:You made a typo. It’s sarracenia psittacina not sarracenia psittacnia.
AYFKMRN.jpg
?
ZeGamingCuber liked this
By BogBeast6758
Who did you get your orchids from? I have one phalaenopsis and would like to try other species.
By CandyCane
Where is the best place to buy a cape sundew I want a new plant bc my son got into my plant and I think it might die so I wanted to buy a new one..where is the best place to get one??
By CandyCane
Where is the best place to buy a cape sundew I want a new plant bc my son got into my plant and I think it might die so I wanted to buy a new one..where is the best place to get one??
By crazy_carnivores
hi Matt, I saw that you had a P. mendusina and d. regia in your grow list, would you be willing to trade or sell it to me?
Last edited by crazy_carnivores on Thu May 07, 2020 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
By crazy_carnivores
CandyCane wrote:Where is the best place to buy a cape sundew I want a new plant bc my son got into my plant and I think it might die so I wanted to buy a new one..where is the best place to get one??
CandyCane wrote:Where is the best place to buy a cape sundew I want a new plant bc my son got into my plant and I think it might die so I wanted to buy a new one..where is the best place to get one??
you can certainly get cape sundews in the flytrap store for a good price, some of the websites you can also buy from California carnivores, curious plants, and cooks carnivores.
By Matt
crazy_carnivores wrote:hi Matt, I saw that you had a P. mendusina and d. regia in your grow list, would you be willing to trade or sell it to me?
Sorry, but I've not updated my grow list in many years now and I no longer grow either of those plants. We might stock D. regia again soon (like 2021) at the FlytrapStore, but I likely won't be growing P. medusina again.
By hungry carnivores
Matt wrote: Tue May 06, 2008 5:15 am Updated November 13, 2020

Wishes and Wants (please contact me if you have any of these plants for sale or trade -- even non-US people, I have an import permit and I will pay for the cost of a Phytosanitary Certificate)
S. x 'Alucard'
S. x 'Berry Pastry'
S. flava var. rugelii 'Bob Hanrahan'
S. leucophylla 'Purple lips'
S. x 'Brimstone'
S. x 'Deep Throat'
S. x 'Iamsatyricon’
S. x oreophila (UCB x MK017) Select Purple x Legacy
S. x 'Elvis Presley'
S. x 'Saxapahaw'
S. x ('Saxapahaw' x Mitchelliana D-P Phil F)
S. x 'Sword Swallower'
S. x 'The Kraken'
S. x 'Tower of Terror'
S. x 'Vintner's Treasure'
S. x 'Zjahnine'
@matt -

I have S. x Vintner's treasure. It is MA, producing foot-long pitchers.

I also have S. Oreophila 'poached seed clone', which is likely a new location data. When I bought the seeds, they were shipped to me in the pod, which is not customary of stores to do. It is IM, producing 6 inch spring and 2 inch winter pitchers.

If you're interested, please PM. I was looking for large & colorful vft's or several different Sarr species.

Thanks!

P.s. I normally ask trades to create a ship label to email to me, since It's exceedingly difficult for me to pay postage. I can re-compensate you in the box I send to you. Thanks!
By Adrien
You have quite a few green jaws plants! I want to collect the whole ‘GJ’ series of cultivars, I think most of them are quite unique and different from others :)
By Matt
Adrien wrote:You have quite a few green jaws plants! I want to collect the whole ‘GJ’ series of cultivars, I think most of them are quite unique and different from others
Yes, I agree! If you want to place a group order sometime, let me know.

And actually, I just got some more Green Jaws plants from Matthias about a week ago in a trade. I haven't updated my list yet, but will do so very soon :D
By Adrien
Lol I need to learn this group order thing, GJ Bloody nurse is also a green jaws plant (as the GJ states) you should receive it today. I really hope its okay. It’s only my 2nd time sending a plant to anyone!
By Matt
Adrien wrote:GJ Bloody nurse is also a green jaws plant (as the GJ states) you should receive it today.
Yep, just went out in the blizzard we're having (40mph winds and snow) and got it out of the mailbox. Looks great!! I also got one directly from Matthias in my most recent trade/order with him, so now I have a couple of these beauties to play with and hopefully get in TC this spring.
Nepenthes0260 wrote:Also jealous of that Ceph OG Black you have.
I'm trying to get OG Black started in TC right now but I was also able to get about 15 seeds with the plant (OG Black x OG Black) and have 5 or 6 that have germinated in vitro. I'm hoping one or more of them looks as good or better than the original! We shall see :)
Nepenthes0260 liked this
By Nepenthes0260
Matt wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:03 am
Adrien wrote:GJ Bloody nurse is also a green jaws plant (as the GJ states) you should receive it today.
Yep, just went out in the blizzard we're having (40mph winds and snow) and got it out of the mailbox. Looks great!! I also got one directly from Matthias in my most recent trade/order with him, so now I have a couple of these beauties to play with and hopefully get in TC this spring.
Nepenthes0260 wrote:Also jealous of that Ceph OG Black you have.
I'm trying to get OG Black started in TC right now but I was also able to get about 15 seeds with the plant (OG Black x OG Black) and have 5 or 6 that have germinated in vitro. I'm hoping one or more of them looks as good or better than the original! We shall see :)
Congrats! I’ll be the first to buy some of your OG Black selfings and the original OG (if I still don’t have one by then, lol).
Matt liked this
By Matt
Nepenthes0260 wrote:Congrats! I’ll be the first to buy some of your OG Black selfings and the original OG (if I still don’t have one by then, lol).
Awesome! I'll do my best to get OG Black propagated. Hopefully I can get it in TC, otherwise, it is probably going to be slow to get it propagated.
Nepenthes0260 liked this

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!