FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Leonardlow
I recently bought a LED grow light online and place my vft under the lights for 16 hours. Can someone tell me is 16 hours too long ? :shock:
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 4664 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 4664 times
By idwaneo
16 hours can’t be enough, especially if your lamp is no more than 15W, I have seen people having problems in growth with such weal lamps. But if the plant will be next to a windowsill then that can be more than enough and a better option than keeping somewhere with only artificial lights.

Usually you can see if the light is enough by how new growth look like. If the traps are small size or even without them then you got light problems.
By Leonardlow
Thanks for the precious information. I really have no ideas about light and I bought plenty online. The full spectrum red / blue light and also white LED ( those are 20w ) as I’ve shown on my picture. Still finding the right artificial light for my plant. I got my plant just about a week and like u said I’m still observing the growth from time to time.
By Frankie Dolarhyde
i doubt those lights are putting out what they advertise, whatever that is. can i see a link for the ones you bought ?

in my opinion, if you can afford it, you should be spending atleast $100 for an led light & dont buy anything advertised to be less than 600 watts.

i wasted my time & dollars on trying to find a "cool looking" affordable one for around or under $50.. but there are so many duds at that price & its nonsensical to me to even try.

so my advice, again if you can afford it. go w something like this or similar.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08JPTKT ... asin_title
Supercazzola liked this
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!