FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Whitman
Hey everyone! I have always loved venus flytraps and been fascinated with them. But up until recently (happy anniversary to me from the husband) I now have my first one! I dont have much of a green thumb but I'm hoping to do well with my little dude which is why I came to this forum. I do have a cactus that I've kept alive for nearly 2 years however that has only flowered the one summer I first got her, she has grown though so shes definitely still alive in there haha
If anyone has any tips for a first time flytrap mom I'd love to hear some! I will be asking direct questions in a different thread as I'm worried about some things with my guy, he came from Walmart :/
Thanks in advance for all and any feedback from all of you lovely people :D
Benny liked this
By Panman
This ^^^

Three key things:
1. Light - minimum 4 to 6 hours direct sunlight or equivalent. Windowsills generally do not provide that.
2. Water - distilled, RO, or rainwater only. If you have your water tested and it has less than 50ppm dissolved solids, then you can use that.
3. Soil - NEVER use regular potting soil or garden soil. There are various options but the two most popular are sphagnum moss (like what is used for orchids) or a mix of 50/50 peat moss/perlite. Do not use any fertilizers and do not use Miracle-Gro peat moss. It has added fertilizer.

Get those three things right and you will be golden.

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!