FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By brow
I have a drosera garden at my small balcony,some indigenous burmani lines in Vietnam.Can I donate some native drosera burmani seeds to the seed bank ?

My English is not very good, I hope you understand =))
Benny liked this
By hungry carnivores
Awesome. Welcome! Lots of growers in Viet Nam as well as some very nice nurseries! By all means you can donate some but that would mean sending seed internationally. If they are directly from wild plants, you cannot donate, but if they are from your plants which were grown from wild seed, that is fair game!
Would love to see a Burmanii from there!
Panman, Benny, ChefDean liked this
By Benny
Welcome to FlytrapCare!
By brow
hungry carnivores wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:48 pm Awesome. Welcome! Lots of growers in Viet Nam as well as some very nice nurseries! By all means you can donate some but that would mean sending seed internationally. If they are directly from wild plants, you cannot donate, but if they are from your plants which were grown from wild seed, that is fair game!
Would love to see a Burmanii from there!

I planted them from the seeds I collected in the wild, so to speak, the first batch of seeds produced in my balcony.
By ChefDean
brow wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:49 amI planted them from the seeds I collected in the wild, so to speak, the first batch of seeds produced in my balcony.
If the seeds are ones you have collected from plants you grew, then yes, you can donate them. Seeds collected from wild plants cannot be donated. However, getting the seeds from your cultivated plants to the seed bank would be on you. I know that, from here, I can get seeds to you for about $1.50 USD. I don't know what it might cost for you to send some to me.

But, and we've done this in the past, you could send a few packs of seeds from your plants to me, I send a few packs to you that you're interested in, and make a trade.

If you're interested in doing something like that, send me a PM.
Drosera germination time

I know I got the "Redrum" seeds from th[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!