FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Darlingtoniafan222
I've gradually moved my venus flytrap within the last two months, because of acclimation. It's now in a spot where it gets about 6-7 hours of bright direct sunlight, and the rest is bright shade. However, my plant seems to be sickly as it's not putting out as many leaves as usual. The bulb is still white.
By Huntsmanshorn
Darlingtoniafan222 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:38 am I've gradually moved my venus flytrap within the last two months, because of acclimation. It's now in a spot where it gets about 6-7 hours of bright direct sunlight, and the rest is bright shade. However, my plant seems to be sickly as it's not putting out as many leaves as usual. The bulb is still white.
Tropical sun is somewhat stronger than the sunlight VFTs would normally get in North/South Carolina so maybe try 4 or 5 hours of morning sun and bright shade the rest of the day and see if that helps.
By oval
It is likely dormant this time of year in the northern hemisphere, even in the Philippines where it is not very cold. Hopefully towards Spring as the days get longer it will grow more vigorously.
Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!