FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By jose
Yes they’re reputable. There’s a minimum order and shipping can be expensive. Don’t do a group order as the host will look over your plants and will keep some. I didn’t have this problem but if the package is lost you won’t be refunded. Bulk quantities of plants but Nepenthes quality is a bit low - usually few to no roots and long acclimation periods
By cryostasis
jose wrote:Yes they’re reputable. There’s a minimum order and shipping can be expensive. Don’t do a group order as the host will look over your plants and will keep some. I didn’t have this problem but if the package is lost you won’t be refunded. Bulk quantities of plants but Nepenthes quality is a bit low - usually few to no roots and long acclimation periods
Thank you they do habe alpt of options to choose from. Just planning to buy seeds because its a bit hard and tedious to import live plants in our country.

Sent from my BISON using Tapatalk

jose liked this
By hungry carnivores
jose wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:55 pm Don’t do a group order as the host will look over your plants and will keep some.. Bulk quantities of plants but Nepenthes quality is a bit low - usually few to no roots and long acclimation periods
Two things:

1. You never know if your host will "keep some" of your plants. That is considered theft or "scamming" and I know plenty of good growers who don't take portions.

2. That is to be expected that the quality of neps is a little low - Given that they supply massive bunches of things. From what I have heard, their helis are nice.
By jose
1. Everyone thinks group orders go great until one day when they realize something is a bit off. I’ve heard group order horror stories when hosts wouldn’t even ship out the plants. There’s some extremely reputable people on here that I know have been unsavory hosts i.e. taking a division of H. flamingo without permission. But I’m not gonna mention names.

Their helis are bigger but a bit floppy and green. Same as the neps. Good genetics just needs more hardening and acclimation
By Nepenthes0260
I’ve ordered from BCP a couple times. I’ve been super pleased with the plants. When you buy from Wistuba you can expect fully acclimated plants, possibly larger than the size you ordered but the same quantity you ordered. Plants from BCP are much more fragile and smaller, but Kamil includes way more. For example, I ordered H. purpurascens “1+ plant” and I received 9-10. All but two of those came with immature pitchers though, so smaller plants. They’re usually a tad etiolated since grown in lower light but color up nicely for me, especially the pings.

I’ve hosted a couple BCP group orders and they’ve worked fine for me so far. Since BCP always includes tons of plants it’s also fun to swap extras with other people ordering :D. As long as the participants understand the potential risk it’s fine.

I’ve only had one issue with the plants so far. Somebody who was splitting the order with me got some P. nivalis, which is a species thats very rare in cultivation and was super freshly deflasked. Right after planting, they all sprung up in mold. I’m guessing the agar was not well washed off them. I contacted Kamil about it and next time I’m ordering he’s sending some more nivalis for free. And the person who bought the nivalis actually managed to take a couple pullings before they collapsed which sprouted. I would highly recommend BCP!
By jose
Nepenthes0260 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:45 am I’ve only had one issue with the plants so far. Somebody who was splitting the order with me got some P. nivalis, which is a species thats very rare in cultivation and was super freshly deflasked. Right after planting, they all sprung up in mold. I’m guessing the agar was not well washed off them. I contacted Kamil about it and next time I’m ordering he’s sending some more nivalis for free. And the person who bought the nivalis actually managed to take a couple pullings before they collapsed which sprouted. I would highly recommend BCP!
If this person was able to get several new plants to sprout from the nivalis pullings yet still wants BCP to send a replacement I think they should be considered shady. If I ever propagate a plant that dies soon after receiving it I wouldn’t ask for a replacement since I would have a sprout or several to replace it myself. I think many would agree with me unless they like people taking advantage of them like that
Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!