FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Supercazzola
It’s a friend’s, but I could ask her for a closer up shot if that helps. I have a cutting and it is making small pitchers, which I will include also in case that helps.

ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
By MikeB
Looks like Nepenthes × ventrata, a hybrid of N. alata and N. ventricosa.
Supercazzola liked this
By Supercazzola
MikeB wrote:Looks like Nepenthes × ventrata, a hybrid of N. alata and N. ventricosa.
Thank you. I appreciate it. Would there be any characteristic that could help if I got a closer photo of it ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
By hungry carnivores
MikeB wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:12 pm Looks like Nepenthes × ventrata, a hybrid of N. alata and N. ventricosa.
Quoted to say that some people think it's gracilliflora x ventricosa or even (gracilliflora x ventricosa) x alata, or (alata x ventricosa) x alata. My hypothesis based off different morphologies and colors is that several 'ventratas' of different crosses are all dubbed 'ventrata'.
Supercazzola liked this
By sanguinearocks101
hungry carnivores wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:08 am
MikeB wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:12 pm Looks like Nepenthes × ventrata, a hybrid of N. alata and N. ventricosa.
Quoted to say that some people think it's gracilliflora x ventricosa or even (gracilliflora x ventricosa) x alata, or (alata x ventricosa) x alata. My hypothesis based off different morphologies and colors is that several 'ventratas' of different crosses are all dubbed 'ventrata'.
I have noticed some differences in ventratas, specifically in the peristome. Some of them have a more pronounced ventricosa peristome while others don’t, possibly suggesting that the ones without the ventricosa-like peristome are (alata x ventricosa) x alata.
Supercazzola liked this
Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!