FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Dini
I dont see many people growing pings outdoors but I really want mine outdoors would there be any tips? also its apinguicula emarginata x ‘Weser’ if that helps.
By hungry carnivores
Where do you live? :twisted: Just kidding, but what are your local temps and everything? Are you humid, do you have hot sun? We need info.
By Dini
hungry carnivores wrote:Where do you live? :twisted: Just kidding, but what are your local temps and everything? Are you humid, do you have hot sun? We need info.
here it is :)
Attachments:
weather.PNG
weather.PNG (20.78 KiB) Viewed 672 times
By hungry carnivores
It might work. Try a shaded location first and ensure the media is always moist. Please let us know how this goes!
By Huntsmanshorn
Dini wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:02 am I dont see many people growing pings outdoors but I really want mine outdoors would there be any tips? also its apinguicula emarginata x ‘Weser’ if that helps.
I experimented with this a bit last summer and found that too much sun and too much heat are big problems, at least for some of the plants I grew. Humidity, or lack there of, was not much of an issue nor was the soil wetness level and I grew mine in a mix of plain old dirt and gravel, just to see what would happen. I grew four different pings: agnata, gigantea, 'Aphrodite' and moranensis. Agnata, 'Aphrodite' and moranensis all did very well but gigantea cooked in the sun so I had to move the whole pot into the shade where they did much better, although I lost one of the gigantea.

@Apollyon , interesting. I hadn't asked Mike abo[…]

If you can, I would. It may help to knock out that[…]

Mystery plant?

Those are sporophyte stalks from the moss. That […]

Return address

I use a cardboard insert to make the whole envelop[…]

One last bump to remind everyone that our January […]

A little over a week left in our photo contest, so[…]

Pitcher worries

Definitely lacking sun and that may be the only pr[…]

SASE sent on Tuesday.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!