FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By moneywegetplenty
Hey all,
I ordered a beautiful campanulata x maxima (x Veitchii) plant from carnivero and it arrived looking like this (I’ll attach an image but yellow leaves and red pitchers with some green) this was due to shipping taking about 2 weeks. even though I added a heat pack and an insulated box to my order, due to the USPS issue this season it was receiving no light for 2 weeks. So I placed it under my led grow lights in my 75 degree f. heated and 99% humidity greenhouse tent, this was a mistake. I assume I scorched it from all the light at once so I placed it in a plastic bag to maintain humidity then I placed it above the lights so it can get just a bit of light but mostly shade and stay warm. I ordered maxsea to fight fungal infections but due to the usps and Covid that also won’t be here for weeks or longer. Am I doing this right? Any advice is appreciated. I am an intermediate level nepenthes grower, I have a Miranda and ventrata as well as some Neps seeds growing right now and they are all doing just fine. Adding more to my collection soon but first I want to make sure this little monster can stay alive! Pics are before and after moving it into the plastic bag and Into the shade. Before it was red, after being under my lights it quickly started deteriorating. Even after I bagged it and shaded it. Has still been Going downhill ever since.If it seems like I’m forgetting anything, I can elaborate in the comments. Thanks!
Attachments:
F685DF35-9A53-4836-A2FF-D3AF30A97D3E.png
F685DF35-9A53-4836-A2FF-D3AF30A97D3E.png (1.69 MiB) Viewed 3649 times
23CC12F2-ADAA-4F07-83E5-0D175A764EB5.jpeg
23CC12F2-ADAA-4F07-83E5-0D175A764EB5.jpeg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 3649 times
By hungry carnivores
That plant is probably compatible in LL/HL due to Maxima and veitchii being both lowland-higland and campanulata being lowland. So that greenhouse is totally fine. Plastic bag is no good, as air circulation is normally a must. I would ask Carnivero for a resend and say it quickly deteriorated due to shipping stress. They will generally be friendly.

Good luck!
By Nepenthes0260
Look like it rotted. Too high humidity and too little air movement. I keep my HL neps at around 80% humidity, they don't need 99%. Camp x max x veitchii probably won't be too picky about temps or humidity because it's an intermediate hybrid.
Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!