FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss fertilization techniques here. For advanced growers only!

Moderator: Matt

By cryostasis
Supercazzola wrote:Anyone have experience with this stuff for CPs ? https://firstrays.com/free-information/ ... n/kelpmax/

I accidently bought some when my old brain was trying to find maxsea. Have a liter arriving and not sure what I could do with it.
I dont know about kelp mqx but I have been using a brown kelp liquid fertilizer foliar spray for hydrophonics for the past month and it does now seem to harm my plants. When kixed it makes the same tea color as maxsea.

I used around 1ml of the fertilizer to 1liter then I check the PPM if its higher than 100 I add more water until I reach 100 below.

Been spraying nlmy byblis, droseras and vft every other week.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

By Supercazzola
There is a table on the KelpMax page I referenced in my original post. It lists all of the analysis of it. I will try to find a similar one for MaxSea. Then compare. I assume most folks use the 16-16-16 variety of MaxSea.

Thanks for sharing your success with your diluted brown kelp foliar spray
By Apollyon
I'm thinking it might actually work fine. Honestly the goal would be to find a urea-free fertilizer. Maxsea isn't the end all, it's just more commonly known. A lot of people have taken to using dynagro, which is a liquid fertilizer. What you could do is start by measuring a 1/4 strength dose and hit a leaf or two (avoid the crown) and watch what it does over the next day or so. If there is a negative reaction it doesn't take long to find out. Losing a leaf won't really be a big deal.
Supercazzola liked this
By Apollyon
Supposedly it'll create build-up in the soil where the plant will be unable to break it down. I personally am overzealous with spraying(I fertilize more than most and I really don't try to avoid the media) but I flush my pots fairly regularly. I'm usually dosing them with something or other from the top. Some claim fertilizers with higher concentrations have been harmful to their plants but it may have to do with their mix concentration and technique. I'm by no means a CP fertilizing pro outside of doing what works for me. I remember someone was even using miracle gro fertilizer. If its just foliar feeding, urea isn't that big of deal. I do both though so I also have to flush my pots whenever I try to be gutsy with soil fertilizing. Maxsea has urea in it and I spray most of my plants weekly (when they have longer photoperiods). It's better to err on the side of caution. Fertilizing CPs is risky in general
elaineo liked this
By Z_Y
I've heard from another grower that dynagrow orchid-pro contains no urea. Has anyone tried this product?
81pKVMIQ30L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81pKVMIQ30L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (169.4 KiB) Viewed 13082 times
By hungry carnivores
Apollyon wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:28 am Supposedly it'll create build-up in the soil where the plant will be unable to break it down. I personally am overzealous with spraying(I fertilize more than most and I really don't try to avoid the media) but I flush my pots fairly regularly. I'm usually dosing them with something or other from the top. Some claim fertilizers with higher concentrations have been harmful to their plants but it may have to do with their mix concentration and technique. I'm by no means a CP fertilizing pro outside of doing what works for me. I remember someone was even using miracle gro fertilizer. If its just foliar feeding, urea isn't that big of deal. I do both though so I also have to flush my pots whenever I try to be gutsy with soil fertilizing. Maxsea has urea in it and I spray most of my plants weekly (when they have longer photoperiods). It's better to err on the side of caution. Fertilizing CPs is risky in general
That was me! Miracle-gro contains no urea. Just get the copper-free stuff as copper tends to mess with CP's. The Cu2+ ion messes with channels dealing with osmolarity gating; cp's seem a little more sensitive to it.
By cryostasis
Been using a brown kelp liquid based fertilizer for 2 months now. Measured ppm roughly around 30 to 60. A drop of it on a 400ml bottle. Spraying my plants 2x a week. Vfts does not sjow if they like it or not buy droseras love it

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Re-introduction

Thanks so much for sharing this great information![…]

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!