FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By Apollyon
Carnies wrote:OMG dude how long have u been growing? I've been growing for about 2-3 years now.
I honestly don't recall lol. I started growing as a hobby with bonsai a few years ago but started acquiring carnivorous plants sometime within the last couple of years. Outside of extras, a lot of them were acquired in cheap auctions and there are some "must have this" kinda plants in there. Seed grown stuff too. I aim to do propagation and work with them in the future. Having a nursery of sorts is definitely a dream of mine going forward. I have a tendency to push the limits of what I do with hobbies and learning which is why I absorbed so much information and tried to grow such a variety of them. The funny thing is my carnivorous plant collection has since eclipsed my original hobby. There was a thread a couple days ago blaming the forum for the addiction topic49011.html . It's the truth lol. I was also inspired by what I saw on here and the accessibility with trades. If you want to see an insane list check out one like Nepenthes0260. His makes mine look like a starter pack :lol:
Nepenthes0260 liked this
By Apollyon
Did an update to include some of my seed germinations as well as some pygmy sundews I recently acquired (I love these things). Also included some more uncommon plants I happened to stumble upon.
By Apollyon
Added Stylidium Debile and Sarracenia Alabamensis. So stoked for this upcoming growing season with the pitcher plants.
By Apollyon
Yeah. You'd be surprised at how many uncommon CPs you can get from ebay on the cheap.
By Apollyon
Pretty decent sized update to include a host of flytraps, utrics, pinguicula and drosera. I was actually surprised by the VFTs. I'm sure I've left something out. A few were acquired from a trade with madrone (who I wholeheartedly recommend trading with; she's great)
Panman liked this

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!