FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By VFTNoob
Now that I'm finally getting some cooler weather in zone 9, this guy is really starting to color up. Its also put on a ton of size since I got it. Can't wait to see what next growing season brings! If I get a division, I'm gonna grow it under my Marshydro to see how dark I can get it.

Looks typical in the summer, but its my most colorful plant at the moment. Snag this sucker if you see it on the "whats in stock" page!
http://imgur.com/gallery/w3LTiOe
Apollyon liked this
By Apollyon
Me too, I finally got to see what purple ambush really looks like.
VFTNoob liked this
By VFTNoob
Same here. Mine really did ambush me with the purple. It was the first plant to color up, but has slowed down the deepening of its coloration. The color is also slow to make it to the cilia and only a few traps have that beautiful banding like in the fts pictures. I did get to see a heavily colored smaller trap close without prey. It mimicked the fts picture so I can't complain. Hopefully the color will get deeper as it gets consistently cooler
Apollyon liked this
By Apollyon
Mine had a hard life this year but bounced back in the growing season from crown rot. I really wasn't expecting anything tbh lol. I think mine would be looking much better if it was more mature though. Next year :D I have a couple with the purple cilia and the traps gained that purple hue.

I'm really looking forward to getting the divisions spaced out and starting some large pots
By Apollyon
Had to take it out of the pot and scrape out the rhizome. I lost one of the plants when I divded but the other plant pushed out a ton of plantlets and restarted itself after I did that. Here's the thread I made when it happened. post355593.html#p355593 and a follow up
By Apollyon
Thanks man! Yeah come 3 months later, the plant was almost 50% its original size. It was insane. I kept it ridiculously well fed in the unobstructed sun after that. That was a total growing pain with flytraps. I have some inside now (some seedlings) and I'm much more cautious about how I play them now. Matt came in with the save on that one, I thought it was a goner. Purple Ambush is my favorite cultivar. When they get mature I'm going to try to shoot for a large trap with those cilia and color. Like SD Kronos or something. Looking at your pics, I think I used to talk to you on facebook about them. I was the one who convinced you to get an SD Kronos in the VFT fb group(if you are that person).
By VFTNoob
Yah I remember! My Kronos got attacked by spider mites so the tail end of this growing season was ruined. Can't wait to see what it does next year. Matt is the man for sure. I plan on taking at least 1 of the divisions and grow it inside to really bring out its color

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!