FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By evenwind
I just tried it again, with a real message to Chef instead of a test one. And surprise, surprise! it failed again!
By evenwind
Ok, this is nuts. I tried another "test" PM to Chef. It went to the Outbox, when the "regular" message of 5 mins ago didn't. So I Edited my Outbox test message and inserted the message I've been trying to send. The Edit worked and the corrected message is now in my Outbox.
By Matt
Well, shoot...I have no idea what might be going on. Since moving to a new server and setting up the configuration I have on this one (Varnish, HAProxy, Apache configuration that is kind of complicated), phpBB3 hasn't worked well. I was aware that phpBB software didn't work with Varnish but I needed it for the FlytrapStore software and figured I could work around. However, there are some annoying issues with using it for phpBB3 that I've not been able to resolve. This sounds like it might be another one. I might have to abandon using Varnish or figure out a way to host the forums on a different server even though they are on the same domain as FlytrapStore (Flytrapcare.com). Ah, the joys of webmastering!
By evenwind
Matt wrote: Ah, the joys of webmastering!
Makes me glad to be 1) retired and 2) a mainframe guy :mrgreen:
Panman liked this
By evenwind
Just for the record, it just happened again. A PM to ChefDean disappeared into the cracks between the worlds. It worked when I tacked the message at the end of an existing conversation.
By Supercazzola
I just PM’d him yesterday. He got it with no issues. Is it possible your limit was reached and it won’t let you send anything unless you clear up some space?
By Matt
I've been using the PM system daily or multiple times a day without any issues. I'm also getting immediate email notifications when I receive a PM, both from Tapatalk and from the FlytrapCare server, so I'm pretty sure all is working fine.
By evenwind
And now mine's working again.
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!