FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about your orchids and share photos of them here

Moderator: Matt

By Darlingtoniafan222
Where I live it gets really warm, sometimes up to 37 degrees celsius (That 98.6 F to you all), and I find that indoor phal growing doesn't really get lots of airflow. So I moved it outside in a hanging basket with regular watering. It seems more happy outside, and it even put out more roots. I forgot to mention that use coco coir chips. Anyways for you people in tropical countries and/or states, try this, it may make your lant happier. Just sharing. Thanks :D :D
By That one plant boi
I agree! I've been growing all of my orchids outdoors for a little over a year and they have absolutely taken off, forming masses of roots and producing an abundance of flowers. I really need to repot them soon though, as they have gotten tangled within each other's roots.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By Apollyon
@That one plant boi, If you're keeping them out here through the winter I'd like to know how they do. I brought mine inside but they're immature
Last edited by Apollyon on Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By That one plant boi
Apollyon wrote:@That one plant boi, If you're keeping them out here through the window I'd like to know how they do. I brought mine inside but they're immature
Mine are currently outside and really enjoy the warmer months. I don't keep them inside anymore, but yours should do just fine if given good lighting.

By Apollyon
That one plant boi wrote:
Apollyon wrote:@That one plant boi, If you're keeping them out here through the window I'd like to know how they do. I brought mine inside but they're immature
Mine are currently outside and really enjoy the warmer months. I don't keep them inside anymore, but yours should do just fine if given good lighting.
Whoops, I meant winter, not window lol. I have them under lights right now by the window. I was wondering if they tolerate when the temps drop into the 40s-50s like they have been lately. You live in the same state so I wanted to know if I could leave them out in the future. Couple of them have long leaves that really get in the way.

By That one plant boi
Oh, well in that case I just leave them be throughout winter unless temps dip below 32 F. Otherwise, they do just fine and even produce an abundance of flowers. More than they ever did indoors. They do slow down a lot though, which is, of course, normal.

By Darlingtoniafan222
I grow all my orchids outdoors really. Since there's no variable changes in the Phiilippines where I live, they stay warm year round, so this may differ from you guys in the temperate or warm-temperate areas. ;)
Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!!

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!