FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
Down!!!

Order received.
Your order number is 0233.
I'll PM you shortly with a mailing address for your SASE.
Thank you for your order.

For Sarracenia or Dionaea seeds, I strongly suggest you use a 70 cent non-machinable stamp on your return envelope. (The inside one) For Drosera, Pinguicula, and Utricularia seeds, the extra postage is not necessary.
If you can't find a non-machinable stamp, I suggest a forever stamp plus a 15 cent stamp or two regular forever stamps on your return envelope.
The USPS machinery loves to crush those seeds. 

Reminder to all:
Please remember return address on all envelopes.
Please remember to write your Forum username and order number somewhere on the envelope or in a note.
I don't have access to a cross reference of real-world names linked to usernames.
Remembering these things helps me fill orders quicker.
Thank you.

Happy growing,
Dean
By Panman
SASE in the mail for November's and December's orders. Also a couple of packs of goodies for the seedbank. Here's hoping non-machineable means non-machineable.
By Panman
Thanks. I have been adding it at the bottom of the envelope. But I have a non-machineable stamp on it so that should make it work. Should.
By hungry carnivores
Hey, I mean, as much as we enjoy talking about the horrendous handling of the USPS, they are the best mail service - rarely delayed for priority stuff, transparent tracking, good value for services, and they deliver daily. So, I mean, be nice to your mailman, and stuff like that. Plus, your courier is generally not the one destroying boxes, it's warehouse-people.
By Panman
You are absolutely correct. Our mail carrier is fabulous. He always brings packages to the front door. Honestly, it is the automation that eats the envelopes. I know there is a percentage of failure that is expected and accepted because of the increased throughput, but it is painful to accept that when it is your stuff getting chewed up.
By hungry carnivores
Oh for sure. My mailman even keeps the CP boxes level as he walks away with them! When they get broken up is when they get whizzed through rolling sorter machines with barcodes, at over 15 miles an hour, in some facilities. And when they break my planlts I get angry :oops: .
By ChefDean
Panman wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:03 pm Thanks. I have been adding it at the bottom of the envelope. But I have a non-machineable stamp on it so that should make it work. Should.
Hit and miss with that, more miss than hit. The one you sent got machined. They don't even follow their own procedures.
By Panman
ChefDean wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:07 am The one you sent got machined. They don't even follow their own procedures.
Did the seeds make it through okay?
By Panman
The eagle has landed! Seeds came in today none the worse for being machined :( thanks to @ChefDean's stellar packaging job. :)

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!