FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nepenthes0260
murrkywaters wrote:I should if they flower. I've got enough going to keep the gene pool diverse. D. glanduligera is annual so with any luck I'll have seeds by summer.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Awesome! That is one species that I've been interested in for a long time. Were seeds easy to sprout for you?
By Apollyon
murrkywaters wrote:No luck with the flower stalk, but I have tons of little drosera seedlings, including this! Also my B. gigantea has sprouted.Image

Hey, when you're able to get seed from them (the byblis), would you like to do a trade? Or if you have any extra you don't want. I'm looking for the perennial seeds.
By murrkywaters
I had 10 seeds, 2 have sprouted so far, but it only happened recently. I have hope that I'll get at least 2 or 3 more. I left them outside starting during a bad heatwave based on a suggested heat stratification from one of Hartmeyer's posts. If you don't get the hot and dry period outdoors you might try an easy bake oven tuned to around 110° F. A kitchen oven with the light on only should work too, just don't forget about them when you preheat for your next holiday meal.

By murrkywaters
Apollyon wrote:
murrkywaters wrote:No luck with the flower stalk, but I have tons of little drosera seedlings, including this! Also my B. gigantea has sprouted.Image

Hey, when you're able to get seed from them (the byblis), would you like to do a trade? Or if you have any extra you don't want. I'm looking for the perennial seeds.
I had one seed pod I got from fishman if mine flower I'll let you know.

By murrkywaters
I've been experimenting with it. I have another thread where I go into more detail, but it seems that the stuff on ebay is a salt rather than the acid, the ppm readings will be off but the hormone will still work. 1g will last a while if properly stored if you want to get the research grade stuff but it's probably not necessary.

Apollyon liked this
Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!