FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Apollyon
That would be their go-to I'm sure. Easiest way to claim a refund. At that point, I'd ask for a picture of the plant. If they're honest about it, they'll show a pic. It also gives you the chance to see if it's actually dead or just stressed out from shipping. Sometimes things do happen. That leads me to another base to cover actually. I'd probably say something about temperatures and liability. Tell them its their responsibility and you won't be held accountable if they decide to ship a highland to Texas in July and leave it out by the door all day. Some people can be ridiculous.

I can see where they're coming from about Etsy and their audience they cater to but if I was selling cheap sundews or something, I wouldn't be above it. The site is relatively untapped as of now as far as CPs go. They're mostly selling pothos and tree sprouts. I've actually gotten a couple tree species that were sold out in nurseries on Etsy. It's also less ridiculous with its rules.
elaineo, MikeB liked this
By sanguinearocks101
jose wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:25 pm Do not sell on Etsy. There’s a reason no reputable grower sells on there.

Just put no returns on eBay. I believe all reputable CP dealers do this on EB and it does not put off anyone. After all no one returns plants to the major nurseries like Carnivero, NE, CC, etc. Auctions get more attraction than buy it now and never do offers - they will low ball the crap out of you. Many of my auctions have ended above my original asking price
Should I do no refunds too?
By hungry carnivores
Ask that you send the packages simultaneously. Ask for tracking.

I was recently partaking in a trade over insta, and I sent the plants first, the guy declared a DOA and didn't send his end. Sent a massive 'saurus' rhizome.

Take pictures. And lots of pictures. Track the box yourself. And if you sell, be upfront that DOA plants will be replaced or refunded at YOUR discretion.

It's a value judgement. If I were to send my mature jamban and they claimed DOA, forget it. But if it's a longifolia, and they provide documentation, I'll send a new one.

Hope this helps.
By jose
hungry carnivores wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:48 pm Ask that you send the packages simultaneously. Ask for tracking.

I was recently partaking in a trade over insta, and I sent the plants first, the guy declared a DOA and didn't send his end. Sent a massive 'saurus' rhizome.

Take pictures. And lots of pictures. Track the box yourself. And if you sell, be upfront that DOA plants will be replaced or refunded at YOUR discretion.

It's a value judgement. If I were to send my mature jamban and they claimed DOA, forget it. But if it's a longifolia, and they provide documentation, I'll send a new one.

Hope this helps.
Hungry Carnivores, your PM is not working. Interested in Saurus - sounds like you have one from the above message
By hungry carnivores
jose wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:08 pm
hungry carnivores wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:48 pm Ask that you send the packages simultaneously. Ask for tracking.

Hope this helps.
Hungry Carnivores, your PM is not working. Interested in Saurus - sounds like you have one from the above message
Unfortunately no. Lost half of the plant in that deal. Gave the other half away so I could get some more utrics (orchidioides). And a little nep cutting. But I have Flava var. Maxima if you'd like.

What droserae have you?
By Matt
jose wrote:Do not sell on Etsy. There’s a reason no reputable grower sells on there.
I would like to know your reasoning for not selling on Etsy. I'm not too up on selling on various platforms, though we've used Etsy, Facebook, eBay and a few other places over the last 10 years. I've always had a good experience using Etsy as a vendor. I can't see any good reason not to sell there and I consider myself and our FlytrapStore business highly reputable.
By jose
Hungry Carnivores do you realize Phil Faulisi sold a medium division of Saurus for over $2,000 this year? I really hope you didn’t get ripped off.

Etsy might have good selling terms but in general many CP growers do not check it because only cheap plants like ventrata are sold on there (no offense since you no longer sell on there :) ). So until a bunch of growers start selling there all at once, the business on Etsy is gonna be kinda meh
By hungry carnivores
Holy no! I'm sorry, some of my post's grammars and stuff have been going a little downhill. What can I say, lots of work to do. I mean Sarracenia Moorei. I just read about Saurus, so it was probably on the tip of my tongue LOL. Sorry to get you all excited :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I also have a seed grown Oreophila with location on it, but I have reason to believe it was poached seeds. I've considered buying those nep seeds from indonesia, especially N. sp. doorman's top, but I believe those are poached as well.
By Matt
jose wrote:Etsy might have good selling terms but in general many CP growers do not check it because only cheap plants like ventrata are sold on there (no offense since you no longer sell on there ).
I see. So it's not a place where "serious collectors" would go to look for plants, but that certainly does not mean it isn't a worthwhile place for vendors like myself to sell plants. There are plenty of good plants on Etsy for people just starting to get into the hobby or wanting to find a unique gift for a friend.
By hungry carnivores
Matt wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:33 pm
jose wrote:Etsy might have good selling terms but in general many CP growers do not check it because only cheap plants like ventrata are sold on there (no offense since you no longer sell on there ).
I see. So it's not a place where "serious collectors" would go to look for plants, but that certainly does not mean it isn't a worthwhile place for vendors like myself to sell plants. There are plenty of good plants on Etsy for people just starting to get into the hobby or wanting to find a unique gift for a friend.
IMO, Etsy is a place where I would go sell P. Primuliflora, sarrs, and VFT's. I would not sell D. alba, or any other niche-y plants due to the limited experienced audience on there.

So heck yea, selling VFT's but selling N. X Kinabaluensis, probably not.
By sanguinearocks101
hungry carnivores wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:07 am
Matt wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:33 pm
IMO, Etsy is a place where I would go sell P. Primuliflora, sarrs, and VFT's. I would not sell D. alba, or any other niche-y plants due to the limited experienced audience on there.

So heck yea, selling VFT's but selling N. X Kinabaluensis, probably not.
Frankly, if a person new to CPs buys one of my harder to grow plants, that’s their decision
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!