FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
This is just a quick run around in the new 8'x12' greenhouse I put up this summer in our sideyard. It is planned to be occupied by Sarracenia and cacti and it is already pretty darn full of Sarrs!

The plants in this video are all ones that I've grown for the better part of 10 years and even longer for some of them. Most of them started as a single plant and have divided so many times that they now fill multiple trays!

I will do a follow-up video soon, now that I've trimmed most of them up for the winter, and show what I use to spray as a preventative for fungal infections which are somewhat common on Sarrs in winter in our climate.

In any case, here's the video:
By Do_Gon
Cool! Really liking these videos you two are putting out. Keep making em and I'll keep watching em... and taking notes. How come we can't comment on the videos on YouTube? No big deal. Just wondering.
Matt liked this
By Matt
Do_Gon wrote:Cool! Really liking these videos you two are putting out. Keep making em and I'll keep watching em... and taking notes.
@Do_Gon, Thank you for that! We will keep up making them. The winter is hard because the plants don't look great and there isn't as much going on other than tissue culture work (for me) and lots and lots of repotting (for Leah). But we'll keep finding some interesting things to talk about and show you all.
Do_Gon wrote:How come we can't comment on the videos on YouTube? No big deal. Just wondering.
I think I changed them all so that they can be commented on now. Can you take another look and verify that?
By Do_Gon
Matt wrote:
Do_Gon wrote:Cool! Really liking these videos you two are putting out. Keep making em and I'll keep watching em... and taking notes.
@Do_Gon, Thank you for that! We will keep up making them. The winter is hard because the plants don't look great and there isn't as much going on other than tissue culture work (for me) and lots and lots of repotting (for Leah). But we'll keep finding some interesting things to talk about and show you all.
Do_Gon wrote:How come we can't comment on the videos on YouTube? No big deal. Just wondering.
I think I changed them all so that they can be commented on now. Can you take another look and verify that?
Just checked. They seem to be working now. Thanks! I believe you'll get even more positive feedback now.

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!