My current set up is a 35W 3500K Canagrow LED grow bulb (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07Q78 ... UTF8&psc=1) on a gooseneck clamp light. I have it almost directly above at 12-14" from my drosera spatulata and adelae for 12hrs a day.
According to the manufacturer:
8in --> 2224umol (0.2m2)
12in --> 1045umol (0.5m2)
From there, I calculated my DLI and it's 45.12.
I used this DLI calculator: https://www.waveformlighting.com/hortic ... calculator
According to this chart, my droseras should be good, no? https://curiousplant.com/light-carnivor ... ts-part-2/
But I still have very little dews on them and tbh, they look pretty "crisp" today, especially the adelae.
I've asked questions in a carnivorous plant group on Facebook and was told that I need better grow light (6500K, 50W, 2000lm at minimum) or have my current light even closer. But I have limited space so I have very few options in terms of new light: either a clip-on light or an easy strip light with minimal screwing/drilling involved. I don't have anywhere to hang a complete grow light panel.
I've done some research on light and here are a few options that would work for my space.
- Option 1: 100W, possibly 5000K https://www.amazon.ca/Sunlike-Spectrum- ... P1YR9DT3JC
- Option 2: 150W, 2600lm https://www.amazon.ca/Spectrum-ECRU-Equ ... RAGAS3CJPB
- Option 3: Sunblaster 12" LED strip light, 6400K https://www.amazon.ca/SunBlaster-090070 ... 186&sr=1-9
- Option 4, not ideal for my set-up but I can make it work since the panel is small and thin: 100W, 3500K, YGROW brand. Someone in the review uses this for their CPs https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07WFFPP1D/?co ... _lig_dp_it
So my questions:
- How come I still don't have enough light for my CPs with that DLI? Where did my math go wrong?
- Would having my current light too close harm my droseras?
- Out of the light options I've researched, which one would you recommend? If none of them are good, which ones would you recommend? (I prefer staying with LED since they last longer).
I'm almost there, just need a bit more pointers. Thanks in advance for the help!
Here's what my set-up looks like, there is distilled water in the glass bowl up to 0.5in of the nursery pots.