FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

FlytrapCare Forum periodic photo contests

Moderator: Matt

By Apollyon
Location: 
Posts:  618
Joined:  Tue May 05, 2020 2:49 am
#368075
Man, my Raff looks ridiculous compared to that one. My little guy is still only about 7 inches across lol. I'm about to get them under some grow lights in the winter and get it back on track. I could've handled their outside conditions better.
By camsdad66
Posts:  252
Joined:  Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:39 pm
#368089
Thanks, Appolyon! The pitcher isn't as big as it seems in the photo, it stands at about maybe 3-3.5 inches. I've had the plant for a couple years now, and i put it outside when the spring temps warm up, then back inside around this time of year. (Just brought it in this weekend, as our temps are starting to cool off here in Louisiana). It does very well during the warm humid summers, had like 6 nice pitchers on it at one point. Inside, it just kind of gets by....lol.
All the best!


Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Apollyon liked this
User avatar
By Panman
Location: 
Posts:  656
Joined:  Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:41 pm
#368161
Only three days left in the October photo contest. I am super excited to see all of the participation. 28 members have posted their favorite CP plant shot, and they are spectacular. Thank you to everyone who has participated so far. There are still a few days left, so submit your pictures and vote for (thumbs up) your favorite pictures.

Here are the standings so far, but anything can still happen.
Code: Select all
Herbz187		13
That one plant boi	10
Nepenthes0260		8
Sanguinearocks101	7
StaatS+17+		7
MikeB			6
Chomato			6
Optique			5
Panman			5
ChefDean		5
f1appyb1rd		5
Mo_carnivore		5
Berrybob		4
Murkywaters		4
PlanT640847401		4
Sp0nser			4
Yardleyq1987		4
Apollyon		3
Dreadredhead		3
Camsdad66		3
Bobioden		3
Ben Goudge		2
There have been a couple of entries that have been disqualified for posting multiple shots. Please read the contest rules in the first post.
User avatar
By Panman
Location: 
Posts:  656
Joined:  Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:41 pm
#368240
Ben Goudge wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:15 am I suck lol... Maybe next month.
Apollyon wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:45 pm Same. Next time I'm gonna try Sarracenia :lol:
I don't want you guys to get discouraged. Even if you don't get the most votes, I think it is great that we get to share our shots with everyone else. We are all at different levels of growing and photography. Keep posting and practicing. You may end up with that magic shot.
Ben Goudge liked this
By chomato
Posts:  226
Joined:  Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:36 am
#368250
Panman wrote:
Ben Goudge wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:15 am I suck lol... Maybe next month.
Apollyon wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:45 pm Same. Next time I'm gonna try Sarracenia Image
I don't want you guys to get discouraged. Even if you don't get the most votes, I think it is great that we get to share our shots with everyone else. We are all at different levels of growing and photography. Keep posting and practicing. You may end up with that magic shot.
I might have to invest on a DSLR just to be able to take better quality pics
By Herbz187
Posts:  163
Joined:  Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:17 am
#368254
chomato wrote:
Panman wrote:
Ben Goudge wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:15 am I suck lol... Maybe next month.
Apollyon wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:45 pm Same. Next time I'm gonna try Sarracenia Image
I don't want you guys to get discouraged. Even if you don't get the most votes, I think it is great that we get to share our shots with everyone else. We are all at different levels of growing and photography. Keep posting and practicing. You may end up with that magic shot.
I might have to invest on a DSLR just to be able to take better quality pics
I use a macro lens on my phone works pretty good check it out

https://www.instagram.com/herbz187?r=nametag

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

By chomato
Posts:  226
Joined:  Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:36 am
#368255
Herbz187 wrote:
chomato wrote:
Panman wrote: I don't want you guys to get discouraged. Even if you don't get the most votes, I think it is great that we get to share our shots with everyone else. We are all at different levels of growing and photography. Keep posting and practicing. You may end up with that magic shot.
I might have to invest on a DSLR just to be able to take better quality pics
I use a macro lens on my phone works pretty good check it out

https://www.instagram.com/herbz187?r=nametag

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Ah, but what phone are you using? My S9+ can only do so much
User avatar
By Panman
Location: 
Posts:  656
Joined:  Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:41 pm
#368361
The results are in and @Herbz187 is indeed the winner. I have seen some of his other photos, and he definitely has the knack. Here is the winning image.
Image

Herbz187, PM me and we will sort out the details of your prize. You have the choice of an Alien VFT from Matt at the Flytrap Store if you pick up the shipping. The other option is a seed prize pack of VFT OP, Drosera intermedia, and Sarracenia flava. PM me and let me know your choice and we will get the prize to you.

Next up, our November contest. Keep your eyes on the Photo Contest Forum for the full details.
Ben Goudge liked this
By Herbz187
Posts:  163
Joined:  Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:17 am
#368365
Panman wrote:The results are in and @Herbz187 is indeed the winner. I have seen some of his other photos, and he definitely has the knack. Here is the winning image.
Image

Herbz187, PM me and we will sort out the details of your prize. You have the choice of an Alien VFT from Matt at the Flytrap Store if you pick up the shipping. The other option is a seed prize pack of VFT OP, Drosera intermedia, and Sarracenia flava. PM me and let me know your choice and we will get the prize to you.

Next up, our November contest. Keep your eyes on the Photo Contest Forum for the full details.
Wooh nice thank yall for liking my picture i don't have alien on my collection and i really appreciate this wana thank matt and everyone that made this possible Image

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Drosera filiformis dormancy

To the best of my knowledge, Filiformis Floridan[…]

Teaser

These seeds haven't arrived yet, but a thought. In[…]

November Photo Contest - A Big Appetite!

My S. Flava cuprea. I put a mark where the level o[…]

It is kind of a tragedy for all parties invol[…]

Species guessing game

N. glanduifera

Hello from Tennessee

Welcome aboard! Sarrs are tough to grow under ligh[…]

DCXL from FTS

It'll happen before you know it. That plant may be[…]

I hate moss. It can kill smaller pings(and other […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!