FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Sundeewz
Anybody here live in California? We've been on fire for weeks now and another new fire has just cropped up. I don't even live near the fires but now the sky is always a sunset orange now and I smell ashes all the time. My plants are also covered in ashes.
By murrkywaters
I'll probably have it hit me tomorrow. I'm sure it's worse on the other side of the Sierra Nevada range. We get the fine particulate, it sucks for real.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

By P A U L
I live in L.A., about 60 miles away from the fires and the city smelled of smoke all day yesterday and today. My eyes have been dry and irritated the whole time. It's crazy how far weather will carry this stuff. I don't think it was as bad as a few months ago with the gender reveal fires... the sky has been orange for daaaays. Literally orange...like photos from the Mars rover orange.
By Sundeewz
T
P A U L wrote:I live in L.A., about 60 miles away from the fires and the city smelled of smoke all day yesterday and today. My eyes have been dry and irritated the whole time. It's crazy how far weather will carry this stuff. I don't think it was as bad as a few months ago with the gender reveal fires... the sky has been orange for daaaays. Literally orange...like photos from the Mars rover orange.
Yeah, I felt these fires way more than the gender reveal fires. With this one, I see actual ashes raining down.
By Matt
Sorry you all are dealing with fires down there. We had a very scary fire moment here in southern Oregon with the Almeda Fire. It started just about 3 miles from our house in Ashland, Oregon, and burned most of Talent and Phoenix north of us all the way to Medford. We were very lucky the winds were out of the south and the fire started just north of us.

The smoke was unbearable for quite a while, but thankfully we got a couple of rain storms and that cleared the air. I feel your all's pain down there with the oppressive smoke in SoCal.
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!