FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Bobioden
I was at my local grocery store and came across a whole tray of Rocket Farms VFT's. I couldn't pass this one up. Looks like their are more then one plant in this pot. I brought it home, and instantly put it in the fridge to go dormant. Can't wait until spring and it gets put outside.
Attachments:
IMG_0513.jpg
IMG_0513.jpg (570.44 KiB) Viewed 4911 times
By Ben Goudge
Wow! Enter that in the October photo contest!
uxleumas liked this
By MikeB
I believe that Rocket Farms' flytraps are all tissue-cultured. I've noticed that some flytraps created this way will produce lots of offshoots for a year or two after they're potted. That could be a lingering side effect of the tissue-culture process. Matt may have some input on this.
By sanguinearocks101
MikeB wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:41 am I believe that Rocket Farms' flytraps are all tissue-cultured. I've noticed that some flytraps created this way will produce lots of offshoots for a year or two after they're potted. That could be a lingering side effect of the tissue-culture process. Matt may have some input on this.
The same thing happens with Heliamphora.
By Bobioden
Panman wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:34 pm I picked up one of those at Walmart. I separated it into 6 distinct rhizomes, none of them very big.
Very nice, do you have a pic of them? Have you had them long. Just wondering how big they will get durning the growing season.
By Bobioden
MikeB wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:41 am I believe that Rocket Farms' flytraps are all tissue-cultured. I've noticed that some flytraps created this way will produce lots of offshoots for a year or two after they're potted. That could be a lingering side effect of the tissue-culture process. Matt may have some input on this.

Do the plants get very big, I am assuming they are very young plants.
By MikeB
Bobioden wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:01 pmDo the plants get very big, I am assuming they are very young plants.
They grow to normal size according to their genetics.
Bobioden liked this
By Ddean702
I ran into these rocket farm VFTs at my local Smith's! And surprising enough there was an employee watering them all at the time I walked up with distilled water which not gonna lie was a huge shock and relief all at the same time! So I grabbed one that looked to be nice and happy and sure enough, there were 3 separate plants all varying in height with the tallest being about 3 inches tall. Beautiful red and green traps, wide healthy leaves and quite a few new traps coming up also. Was a great score. I think I may go back and grab a few more to add to my "sea of green!" :mrgreen:
Not what you would expect...

@andynorth, trust me. I did not tarry very long[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!