FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By HkDroids
Hello, I am a Uni Student living in Wellington, and studying 3rd year physics.

I was fascinated with Venus Flytraps growing up and now I have several. Nibbles, one I bought last year, was the first Venus Flytrap I have owned that I have been able to properly care for (I had some growing up that died because I was told to use boiled water rather than distilled water). I'm not sure what variant Nibbles is, but it was labelled to be from Ms Frizzles Fly Traps (who I see is on this forum too! Hello your flytraps are beautiful by the way!). Nibbles survived their first winter/dormancy (as well as a flight to and from Auckland during the lockdown as a carry on) and is now growing happily again this spring (after a re-potting and flushing the soil of mineral build-up).

I just bought some new ones. One (which turned out to be about 11 small ones in one pot, I re-potted them, whoever emerges the healthiest I will name Aphrobitey (if you get the reference/joke you're awesome)) from Zealandia, and another one from Ms Frizzles Fly Traps (Who I have named Chomper). Still no idea what variety they are, but that's okay, I love them all the same (though I may have to give/sell some to friends as I don't have a lot of window space at my hall of residence) .

Looking forward to growing them, and maybe even growing them from seed for the first time.

I hope to learn a lot about these amazing plants and how to care for them from all of you
By HkDroids
Ah 'cultivars', I couldn't remember the word when I typed my introduction. Yeah, no Idea what cultivars they are.
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!