FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Joshuamarshall792
I got my first division attached to my sarracenia purpurea!!!! It has very small buds, my secret??? PUT IT IN SOMETHING VERY HUMID WITH ENOUGH AIR CIRCULATION and a philips 1500 lumen led, with no protection cover/plastic dome covering the diodes! And my vft went into full dormancy, much much smaller traps! I guess? And it is in a nice rosette, the pitcher plant and the vft have been in the same pot for almost 2 months now! Surprising right? Josh isn't obsessed over repotting his carnivorous plants! They have been growing much slower, I've slowed down on watering, I am excited about my finger nail sized division!!! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

dragons are red, scams are blue, but green is true!

By Ben Goudge
Good job!
By Joshuamarshall792
Who did a good job? Me???

dragons are red, scams are blue, but green is true!

By Apollyon
Yes I agree, I wouldn't want to see you have your plants die off. That's a heavy ratio of peat moss and if those are growing indoors that's bound to become a death sentence. The plants themselves I'm sure could cohabitate but you should consider a more aerated mix. Something like 40 % peat, 50% silica/pool filter sand, and throw some perlite in there for some extra drainage. Get those guys some more light and when the spring comes you'll have some nice looking plants. I read a while ago you said something about your plants dying off. Both of those are salvageable still but I agree, that VFT doesn't look good. Both of those are very heavy sun loving plants.
sanguinearocks101 liked this
Highland Nep help

Tim Krug’s ionasi? You are only 14 years o[…]

Heliamphora ID

Where did you buy it from? Any background info? K[…]

Order received. Your order number is 0230. I'll PM[…]

Just mailed the SASE!

I appreciate the assessment and the effort of not[…]

@Apollyon , great information, thanks for sharing[…]

Drosera Capensis Care Questions

Yes, I've been growing my sundew outside. My house[…]

GJ Bloody Nurse

The shape of the trap reminds me of a cashew nut

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!