FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Apollyon
It was an undertaking to try to separate the plants but I was able to get them safely separated into their own pots. Put a top layer of silica to deter moss on the very small ones. I wanted to get them free from shade to grow healthier and have kept higher humidity to help them reestablish themselves. Interestingly enough, the top pot was a community pot sown at the same time in the same conditions. Only in the last couple weeks have the bigger plants in it started growing. Most in there are quite small still. No idea what happened with that. Hopefully when these gain some size I can sell some but I plan to have a couple giveaways in the future too. I'm really excited to see how these develop. Theyre in less light than ideal because of space (need another grow rack now) but they have shown a nice yellowish tint to the wider leaves forming and the red crowns on them are very cool. This was an experiment but I've had a blast doing it. It inspired me to sow tons of other seeds. :D
Attachments:
20200903_161100.jpg
20200903_161100.jpg (2.73 MiB) Viewed 273 times
Adriana, Vanval1230 liked this
By Apollyon
Another month has passed since the transplant and some of them have really taken off. The interesting thing with them is the variation in the plants. I have a lot of them were a yellowish color that went bright green. Part of that I attribute to dosing it with Scott's Disease EX. The tentacles were red and are now white, though some leaves on some plants are reverting back to the bronze/red colorations they had. The leaves are widening. Then there is the odd one that is showing yellow/green with red striking down the leaves it produces. It's interesting to watch and I'm curious how they'll continue to progress. I may transplant the smaller pot soon in the hopes it'll get them going. Some of them are doing better than before. I moved the tray from under T5s to a different stand under Yescom LEDs(closer to the light source as well). I'm keeping it away from heat because I have some tuberous pots I'm trying to work with and the temp drop is about 12 degrees from where it was previously. They seem to be doing better in this new setup, which stands to reason given their native locale. Think it's about time to consider a giveaway of couple of these and I'll offer a few for sale when the plants start showing their original color.
Attachments:
bainskloof 10-04-20
bainskloof 10-04-20
20201004_175514.jpg (3.14 MiB) Viewed 205 times

In answer to your specific questions, it will be O[…]

I got another Mars Hydro light and attached it to […]

nike femme

Voici un nike femme aperçu d'un év[…]

womens nike trainers

Show some respect womens nike trainers when an O[…]

Gibberellic Acid

PPM of that GA3 is 1100 to 1200. Just remembered t[…]

Highland Nep help

Those D. Alba look neat. I'm starting to want some[…]

I think those plants grow so slow that once it g[…]

Double pitcher Cephalotus

Interesting stuff. I feel personally that the pitc[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!