FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By murrkywaters

There have been at least two other threads you've popped on to for some reason or another, unless there is another Jose and I'm getting the two of you mixed up. In that case I apologize. We're both fairly new to this forum, and I don't want to start any bad blood or drama. I just kindly ask if your going to comment, at least give me the benefit of the doubt that I know maybe just a tiny bit of what I'm talking about.

Peace
Murk

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jose liked this
By sanguinearocks101
I agree with murrkywaters in this scenario jose. You are not providing anything to this thread or asking for information. If you responded to murkkywatwrs comment asking you for specifics to attempt to diagnose why those setups failed you should have just responded “Sorry, I can’t recall the information and only remember that they failed.” On the other hand, murkkywaters, you could have just responded “Okay, let me know if you find anything about why they failed, any information I can use is appreciated” Both of you aren’t perfect in this scenario, but from my perspective jose could use more improvement.

Note: I only lightly skimmed over the posts so please forgive me if there is something I’m missing.
By murrkywaters
Aaaand we have our first test underway. Sealed box, no light just to see how it does in the best conditions I can hope for as far as cooling goes. 45 mins in and I have results! 23° C ambient, hot side at 18° C and cool side at a whopping 14° C. It should improve as the temperature continues to drop inside the chamber. Considering it started at 23° C I'll take the 9° drop.

sanguinearocks101 liked this
By murrkywaters
Well, equilibrium was hit at 12° C. I'm sure I could keep the temps down by dropping ice packs into the water reservoir. I'll call it a tentative success! Next step is to track down a 1 ft² piece of polycarbonate greenhouse paneling. Anyone have a leftover chunk?

By murrkywaters
Update: I took a bit of a break, but I did manage to find a broken wine fridge with a clear door. I'm going to try to run it off of solar/wind. I'll be testing it to see how it does outdoors. The water radiator will be outside the fridge in order cut down on the problem of having the hot side of the peltier on the inside of the fridge.Image

Supercazzola liked this

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!