FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By cryostasis
These are seed grown VFT been growing them from seeds lately and after inpecting of my my adult plants this is what I saw. I think someyhing is wrong if the traps hairs curls lile these as compared to the other normal traps. What could be the issie and solution to this?ImageImageImage

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

By steve booth
Nice pictures, what conditions do you keep the plants in? inside or outside, under lights? the conditions at this time of year vary a lot so an idea of what yours are experiencing would help.
Cheers
Steve
By cryostasis
steve booth wrote:Nice pictures, what conditions do you keep the plants in? inside or outside, under lights? the conditions at this time of year vary a lot so an idea of what yours are experiencing would help.
Cheers
Steve
Thank you I think its one of the mlst beaitiful vft that I have grown from seed right now. :)

Im doing it indoors with 1k watts(as per seller) warm+red grow light panel, sitting on a tray of water around an inch deep and gets refilled after 2 days once it dries up. I mostly feed him/her spiders that I caught outside every 2 weeks.

Im living in the tropics and most of them the growth slowed down around june to july when it was super hot here then started shoot growth around late august. Last repot was around mid July. And Im using sphagnum moss and perlite.

By ChefDean
That looks to be perhaps the newest leaf and trap to develop fully, but it's not quite done yet. I'm thinking that, in a day or so, the hairs will straighten up and look like a normal typical.
If you watch the traps those two leaves that are coming up, they'll probably do the same.
By cryostasis
ChefDean wrote:That looks to be perhaps the newest leaf and trap to develop fully, but it's not quite done yet. I'm thinking that, in a day or so, the hairs will straighten up and look like a normal typical.
If you watch the traps those two leaves that are coming up, they'll probably do the same.
I see thanks bit worried because its my first time seeing the traps like that.

By cryostasis
ChefDean wrote:You're welcome. You probably just caught it at just the right time to see it. How does it look now?
It looks alot better now. Oh here is another thing im a but worried there are all divisions from 1 or 2 plants. They stop growing then boosted its growth. Tried to repot and divide them sometimes the newly repot plant will die or get the same clump when they grow.

ImageImageImage

By cryostasis
ChefDean wrote:I don't understand what you're trying to say. Are you asking a question? Or making an observation?
A question Image why are they clumping so much? Even after repot?

By ChefDean
Flytraps cluster together when they divide, it's just what they do. You can separate them all you desire, but they'll just divide more and cluster up again.
Some people just say forget it and repit the entire cluster into a wider, deeper pot and let them do their thing.
By cryostasis
ChefDean wrote:Flytraps cluster together when they divide, it's just what they do. You can separate them all you desire, but they'll just divide more and cluster up again.
Some people just say forget it and repit the entire cluster into a wider, deeper pot and let them do their thing.
Thanks I just wish they grow a bit larger to be easily repotted.

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!