FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
OK, y'all are gonna to dislike me a bit, but I gotta share, but tease you a bit too.
Aquis31 and I worked out a trade to test sending seeds internationally, and it worked!
I sent some seeds to Brazil that we had an abundance of, one of which was a very recent cross by DesertLlama. You can probably guess which one. Aquis31 is likely the only person in Brazil, maybe all of South America, to now have this cross.
In return, he sent a couple of location data Capillaris seed packs, "Bertioga" and "Itanhaém", and a seed pack of a cross he did himself, Burmannii "Perlata" (HK x Red). These seeds are likely nowhere in cultivation in the US yet. :mrgreen: He posted about this cross in the Sundew forum on August 27th I believe, and posted pics. However, he sent many more seeds than he received, some intended just for me. But, there's way more than what I can handle.
So, I will spend the next few days, perhaps more, splitting these seeds into more packs to get them out into the hands of experienced growers. They will all go into class 3 for now due to their newness and relative unknown status (that I'm aware of) in the US.
Give me a bit to get as many packs out of them as I can reasonably get, and I'll post when they're available.
Are you as excited as I am? I think not!
Aquis31, thank you very much for your generosity.
Apollyon, Panman, sanguinearocks101 and 4 others liked this
By Aquis31
ChefDean wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:58 am OK, y'all are gonna to dislike me a bit, but I gotta share, but tease you a bit too.
Aquis31 and I worked out a trade to test sending seeds internationally, and it worked!
I sent some seeds to Brazil that we had an abundance of, one of which was a very recent cross by DesertLlama. You can probably guess which one. Aquis31 is likely the only person in Brazil, maybe all of South America, to now have this cross.
In return, he sent a couple of location data Capillaris seed packs, "Bertioga" and "Itanhaém", and a seed pack of a cross he did himself, Burmannii "Perlata" (HK x Red). These seeds are likely nowhere in cultivation in the US yet. :mrgreen: He posted about this cross in the Sundew forum on August 27th I believe, and posted pics. However, he sent many more seeds than he received, some intended just for me. But, there's way more than what I can handle.
So, I will spend the next few days, perhaps more, splitting these seeds into more packs to get them out into the hands of experienced growers. They will all go into class 3 for now due to their newness and relative unknown status (that I'm aware of) in the US.
Give me a bit to get as many packs out of them as I can reasonably get, and I'll post when they're available.
Are you as excited as I am? I think not!
Aquis31, thank you very much for your generosity.
Hi guys, I'm really happy that our partnership has worked out, it is an honor for me to be able to grow this new Capensis hybrid, and I will post photos of the development of this wonderful plant, Dean was very generous and sent me many seeds too, and in that same spirit of generosity, I shared with three other friendly growers, and I want to thank all of you and especially Dean for this attitude, I hope I have contributed in some way to the forum's seed bank, and if in the future I get other native species I will certainly be sending it to ChefDean so that you can grow it in the USA, I leave my gratitude here, I wish you good luck with the seeds sent, I hope I can follow everyone's progress, big hug :)
Shadowtski, ChefDean, Apollyon and 4 others liked this
By Apollyon
Now that's just awesome. I'd love to get in on some new, exotic CPs in the future. This international shipping thread has been interesting to follow and I'm glad it worked out on both sides.
Aquis31 liked this

For $7 I'd have to pick one of those up myself!

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!