FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By That one plant boi
Hello!
So the temperatures are finally starting to drop here in central florida, so I've decided to move my bical into an indoor setup under artificial lighting. The temperature in this little terrarium range from the higher seventies to low eighties at night and high eighties to low/mid nineties during the day. Humidity is always 89-99%. Lighting comes from four T5 high output bulbs that are on from sunrise to sunset. Please let me know if there's anything I could do to improve this setup, as I'm really looking to get this plant to thrive.

Thanks!ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By Apollyon
Well the temps and humidity should be fine. Since it's closed up like that, just be sure to circulate the air. Don't let it sit too long without replacing the air, or mold can start.
By That one plant boi
Apollyon wrote:Well the temps and humidity should be fine. Since it's closed up like that, just be sure to circulate the air. Don't let it sit too long without replacing the air, or mold can start.
I actually have the bag completely unzipped. Sorry if it's hard to see in the image. Would leaving it open like that provide enough airflow?

By Apollyon
That one plant boi wrote:
Apollyon wrote:Well the temps and humidity should be fine. Since it's closed up like that, just be sure to circulate the air. Don't let it sit too long without replacing the air, or mold can start.
I actually have the bag completely unzipped. Sorry if it's hard to see in the image. Would leaving it open like that provide enough airflow?

If air can get through im sure it's fine. I keep some small ones in a domed 1020 with partial ventilation. I open it up maybe 2 times a day and haven't had issues. If it sits in undisturbed, stale air it becomes an issue. Id still open it up every so often to get some fresh air. It becomes an issue if they eat, the bugs start to mold a lot. I use maxsea on my plants. Gnats and stuff don't cause problems though. Just keep an eye on it.

After this post I checked the forecast and I think I'm going to bring mine in as well. Im Central Florida as well. So thanks for that lol.
By That one plant boi
Apollyon wrote:
That one plant boi wrote:

If air can get through im sure it's fine. I keep some small ones in a domed 1020 with partial ventilation. I open it up maybe 2 times a day and haven't had issues. If it sits in undisturbed, stale air it becomes an issue. Id still open it up every so often to get some fresh air. It becomes an issue if they eat, the bugs start to mold a lot. I use maxsea on my plants. Gnats and stuff don't cause problems though. Just keep an eye on it.

After this post I checked the forecast and I think I'm going to bring mine in as well. Im Central Florida as well. So thanks for that lol.
Lol, no problem. Gotta look out for our fellow growers!

I leave the terrarium unzipped at all times since humidity stays high. I'm glad to hear that it'll probably do fine in it, so thank you!

By optique
just a suggestion drop the bag and just cover then vents with clear tape. I am thinking it will have the same effect and look a lot better and give you better access.
1 year old cape!

Pushing out a flower stalk for the first time. […]

Congratulations! Those are beautiful plants. I&r[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!