FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By sanguinearocks101
Hello, despite my thornless blackberries being cut down to only a few individuals 2 years ago, they have decided that their row is not enough for them and they will take over the whole entire garden and eventually my whole yard and neighborhood. Because I do not want that to happen I have to rip up the plants they send up via roots. Instead of killing the plants I have decided to try and trade them. I am interested in almost any Sarrs, but am especially interested in luecos, flavas, and roseas(or any tubby purp with a big ruffles lid). Also interested in any NJ location data CPs.
About the blackberries, they might produce fruit next year as they are biannual, but they came up late in the season so it might take 2 years. They can be invasive so if we trade DO NOT let them get out of your control. They spread by their roots so try to keep them away from the outside of the enclosure if it is in ground. They can also form new plants is a long vine from one of the plants touches the ground. I usually cut the long vines off to increase fruit production. The plants are small and will be sent bare root.
Last edited by sanguinearocks101 on Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
By twitcher
Hummm, I might be interested. Do you know the variety name? I would have to use pings as the trade fodder, but I do also have a white fruited blackberry. I call it the "Triffid" berry for obvious reasons. It is attempting to take over the world, much like you describe for yours.
By sanguinearocks101
I don’t know them off the top of my head, I’ll have to ask the guy I originally got them from. One of them is more vine like while the other can probably stand erect on it’s own(I haven’t tried it) They are mixed together and I suspect most of the plants from the roots are the vining variety because the erect variety was cut down to only 1 individual 2 years ago.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!