FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Do_Gon
Hello everyone. I recently found out about the Southern California Carnivorous Plants Enthusiasts or SCCPE , (pronounced skippy). Apparently they're having a summer end sale and meet up this weekend. Anyone else in So. Cal hear of this organization or plan on going? It's going to be outdoors, masks only, and socially distanced so it sounds relatively safe and exciting.
By Do_Gon
murrkywaters wrote:How was it?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Outdoor, in a park. Everyone maintained social distancing while walking around the few stands that were there. I was expecting more vendors but it was still pretty cool. 7 or so vendors were there and setup by 11:15 when I arrived. (15 minutes after it opened) There was another just arriving shortly after. The ones I was looking forward to hadn't arrived yet by the time I left so I was mildly disappointed. They probably showed up after I left. But the other vendors were still really cool. Plenty of Sarracenias, Sundews, Flytraps, Nepenthes, and even some Utrics. I'm going to keep up with this group and definitely try to hit the next one. The sale before this one included online shopping so maybe that will bring more people in. It's really exciting to be on the ground floor as an organization like this just gets started. This has the potential to be huge like reptile shows are getting.
Venus Fly Traps Turning White?

It was dormant in the cube when I got it. I took i[…]

Is this a pest?

One point I'm not clear on, though. How does the[…]

GA3 sources

Yeah I'm getting some from ebay. The same source M[…]

Vft dying

Umm okay I used a exclamation point instead o[…]

Mature FTS Flaming Lips

Is it in a terra-cotta pot? If so I would quickly […]

The new growth would actually be considered branch[…]

Nepenthes seeds just harvest

Just wondering, did they turn out to be legit?(I […]

Music

Okay troll no#2 bad joke, don't go after people […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!