FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By oval
Wow, I just got an email notification today of a PM from August 29! Almost as slow as the post office... :D
uxleumas, optimus prime liked this
By Do_Gon
For reals. I've reported these emails as spam and unsubscribed but they still come. I'm seriously considering signing out of this forum and just lurking time to time. It sucks, but that's where we're at.
By optique
they wouldn't be that bad if they were not a month late =p
By Do_Gon
Panman wrote:Go to Forum>User Control Panel>Edit notification options and uncheck e-mail notifications.
cp.jpg
Thanks. Mine were already off though.
By Matt
I have no idea why emails from the forum are taking so long to be delivered. The same service is used for our store emails and they are delivered on time. I'm planning on looking into what is causing the delay but I'm not even sure where to begin!!
By Panman
Hi Matt. I did notice that you use a different service for shipment tracking and that your newsletter comes from Sales@FlytrapCare.com and the forum notifications come from Matt@FlytrapCare.com. Is it possible that something is throttling the number of messages being sent by the Matt@ account? You might see if it is possible for you to clear the queue for that account and to start fresh. The other option might be to set up a different account for the forum notifications and see if it stays current.

Just my 2¢
By Matt
Panman wrote:Hi Matt. I did notice that you use a different service for shipment tracking and that your newsletter comes from Sales@FlytrapCare.com and the forum notifications come from Matt@FlytrapCare.com. Is it possible that something is throttling the number of messages being sent by the Matt@ account?
I suppose it's possible, but all order confirmation emails (not shipping ones) and forum emails originate from the server that houses the website. There could be something causing it related to the actual email address, but I think the underlying sending of emails is identical regardless of the email address. But that certainly gives me a place to start looking, so thanks for that!
Panman wrote:You might see if it is possible for you to clear the queue for that account and to start fresh.
Right, I had considered that. We use SendGrid as the email service from the server. Some of the FlytrapStore emails come from other places, but the order confirmations also originate from this server, so I'm not sure why they aren't experiencing the same slowness.
Panman wrote:The other option might be to set up a different account for the forum notifications and see if it stays current.
That's a decent idea. I'll look to see if there might be a backlog of emails coming from the server for the email address "matt@flytrapcare.com" and go from there.
By twitcher
I keep getting a notice of a new unread email every few days, but there is nothing in the inbox nor a notification on the forum menu bar. Not a big deal, I just ignore it now.

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!