FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By evenwind
Just for the record, this is AFF ordensis x darwinensis. No idea how different it might be. And I really hope I haven't duplicated the poor shipping. (It's coming with a good clump of wet NZS wrapped around the roots in a sealed, rolled up baggie, insulated with crumpled newspaper.)
By Apollyon
evenwind wrote:Just for the record, this is AFF ordensis x darwinensis. No idea how different it might be. And I really hope I haven't duplicated the poor shipping. (It's coming with a good clump of wet NZS wrapped around the roots in a sealed, rolled up baggie, insulated with crumpled newspaper.)
Sounds better than I was talking about lol. The one I got was in a sauce cup (oversized) with a pretty much dry paper towel piece on the bottom, left to bang around inside it through the journey. By the time it arrived it was on the brink of death.

In hindsight, I probably could've revived it but I took a gamble on the heat outside because I didn't want it to try dormancy indoors.
By Panman
I received the package today! Everything was packaged wonderfully. And thank you for the flytrap. My daughter has already claimed it. :roll:
By evenwind
Glad you're happy with 'em. 8-)
By Apollyon
Was at work earlier and got the box on the way back in. Crazy how they arrived for all of us at the same time lol. Got those guys potted up pretty quick before the lights went off. This little guy inspired me to rethink my grow setup. I have a few heat loving plants now so I have an idea for the weekend. Going to skip dormancy on my to petios, maybe have my own giveaway with the other in the near future.. The VFT you put in there was very nice of you. I love the red on it. I wonder what it's going to look like as it grows. Thank you so much!
By evenwind
You're very welcome! ;)
By ChefDean
Sorry, I'm a bit late in posting this.
The plants arrived a couple days ago oh, and I got them potted up this weekend. All the plants look very nice, and they were packaged safely and securely.
Thank you very much, I'm expecting these plants to bounce back as fast as the mini red.
By ChefDean
Update: The petiolaris complex dew is slowly coming out of shock. I potted it up in a 2:1:1 mix of peat:LFSM:perlite. It's not boogering up yet, but it is already putting out a new leaf.
As to the other plants I have received from you;
The Mini Red is a beast! Only about 4 inches wide, but paddles over an inch long. Woe to the housefly dumb enough to get close. This thing is taking the down like a champ.
The Capensis "Matroosberg" took about a week to start getting sticky, and is also taking it's fair share of houseflies to church. I can't complain that my wife and kids are letting flies in because my plants are happy.
The VFT "Cupped" was put outside straight away. They stalled for a bit, but came back and were catching little bugs within 10 days. Both little plants have new leaves growing, at least two on each.
Great plants, great care before shipping, awesome care in packing for shipping.
Thank you.
evenwind, Apollyon liked this
By evenwind
I appreciate the update. Thanks for the kind words!
By Apollyon
Mine is also doing well. I kept it in heavy humidity conditions in a 1020 with a heat pad underneath. Ive begun fertilizing it as well. The VFT is outside and my mini cape is starting to grow new leaves. My potting of that one was a rush job and less than stellar so I damaged a few leaves in the process. But its coming back quickly and interested in how its going to turn out. Heres some pics of the petio from a few weeks ago and today. Its leaves are beginning to widen up. Also want to say thank you for these awesome plants as well as the mini cape.
Attachments:
20201017_165325.jpg
20201017_165325.jpg (2.46 MiB) Viewed 3164 times
20201006_130645.jpg
20201006_130645.jpg (2.73 MiB) Viewed 3164 times
By evenwind
Looks great! Hard to believe it's the same plant. I guess it needs a lot more humidity and heat than I was giving it.

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!