FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By csmith19788
Probably a very unoriginal and common name but this is Audrey III. I'm very new to VFT's and carnivorous plants in general. I bought her, on a whim, from Home Depot in July. Since then I've repotted her and she's had eight new traps coming in and a flowering stalk (which I cut).
Attachments:
AudreyIII.jpg
AudreyIII.jpg (109.16 KiB) Viewed 4044 times
By sanguinearocks101
A few things I notice: It looks light deprived, I’d adjust it to the sunniest spot you can find outside, when it’s outside it will also go into its winter dormancy probably. Without a dormancy it will require constant feeding and fertilization which has a high risk of killing it(fertilizing not feeding). Did you take leaf pullings or are those traps sticking out from the media from the plant? When did the flower stalk pop up?
By csmith19788
I didn't take any leaf pullings. Forgive my ignorance...I actually don't know what that means. If you mean the ones that are near the edge, the stalks are really long and come from the middle.

There were a couple of traps that died and I cut those. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to cut the stalk as well. The flower stalk started growing around the Labor day. I just clipped the flower stalk just this past Friday.

I can put it outside...I just worry. I'm on the bottom floor of my condo building and I've had plants vandalized before. I don't have any sunny options in my home due to the building direction. There's only a few spots in my home that get full sun but only for a couple hours. I definitely don't want it to be deprived and welcome any suggestions!
By uxleumas
so you just take the plant out, take a leaf, pull down and outwards so you get some of that white rhyzome(the small bulb underground) then you plant it in soil and if you give it good care it'll grow a new plant at the bottom of the pulling. some pictures:
https://www.labflytrap.com/jpg/in%20vit ... la%204.jpg
this is actually a tissue culture so just imagine the plant at the bottom of the leaf
By optique
csmith19788 wrote:Probably a very unoriginal and common name but this is Audrey III. I'm very new to VFT's and carnivorous plants in general. I bought her, on a whim, from Home Depot in July. Since then I've repotted her and she's had eight new traps coming in and a flowering stalk (which I cut).
Attachments:
AudreyIII.jpg
AudreyIII.jpg (109.16 KiB) Viewed 67 times
Hello, the traps coming off the flower stalk sometimes happens, cutting it and planting it was the best option. a lot of people cut off the flower stalks and hope for new plants to grow off of it.

Your plant looks light deprived, the best lighting your your plant would be 6hours+ of direct sunlight. but the light levels will need to increase slowly or you will burn all the current leaves that have never seen the sun. at the top of this page you will see a link to https://www.flytrapcare.com/ i would read over that and it will help you keep your plant healthy and happy

a good vid that will go over the same stuff is
Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!