FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By P A U L
#random

So I bought several Regia seeds and there was 1 spot that I was watching for it to sprout..and I was excited when it finally did, because not all my attempts were successful. Anyway, after a few days when it grew a little bit of height it started becoming round and I realized it was a damn Capensis lol. I don't need anymore Capensisesesii.

I also bought bought some Humpty Doo seeds a month before I bummed free seeds from the bank here. First time "seeings" the seeds. I opened the little enclosure it came in and I was baffled....because I didn't "see" anything. It was like... someone forgot to put the seeds in there and just bits of dust. Anyway I sprinkled the The Emperor's New Seeds and...well..I guess I'll find out in a few weeks. Though, I think I may have flooded them and lost them lol. Waiting for the seed bank stash now :p
Last edited by P A U L on Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By optique
i got some Humpty Doo seed from the seed bank last month they are doing good, was worried at 1st they took longer to germinate then the capes i am used to or were just so small they had to grow some for me to see them.
Apollyon liked this
By Apollyon
I had terrible luck with the humpty doo seeds. I think I got one germination out of the batch and it's a runt lol.
By kato_stud25
Were the d.regia seeds dust like you called the other seeds you sowed or were they larger so you could actually place them where you wanted?
By P A U L
Regia seeds were small and very, very flat. Get a fine point Sharpie, make a dot on a paper--it's that size.

Humpty seeds are so small... get an imaginary mechanical pencil, make a dot--and check if you can see it.
By kato_stud25
P A U L wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:58 am Regia seeds were small and very, very flat. Get a fine point Sharpie, make a dot on a paper--it's that size.

Humpty seeds are so small... get an imaginary mechanical pencil, make a dot--and check if you can see it.
Those first seeds sure sound like regia seeds then not cape seeds if they were Cape seeds they would be dust just like you described the other seeds you sowed. Tiny regia seedlings could look like a cape but cape seeds are so tiny it would take awhile before you could tell what the actual plant growing was so if it just sprouted and looks anything like a cape and came from a larger then dust type seed you most likely have a baby regia
By P A U L
Here's a new Regia on the left, and the imposter on the right.
IMG-0396.JPG
IMG-0396.JPG (2.22 MiB) Viewed 3057 times
By Apollyon
I have a couple Regia but I never tried growing from seed before. Where did you get them?

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!