FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
I've done two trials with mailing VFT and sarr seeds using an oversized A7 (5.25x7.25) envelope with a 70 cent non-machineable stamp. In both cases, the envelopes were not machine canceled. I got the idea when searching for more information about non-machineable mail. One post I read said that wedding invitations are normally hand processed because of their size. I thought, "I've got some of those envelopes around here. I'll give it a go." It worked like a champ and I will be sending another one when I claim some of those new VFT seeds.
By ChefDean
Definitely. You'll pay the same, 70 cents, and you're virtually guaranteed a non-machinable because that envelope doesn't fit the automated cancelling machines.
By Apollyon
Smart idea. Beat the system lol. I went the padded envelope route. I wonder how it's going to turn out.
By P A U L
What the hell is a non machineable stamp
By ChefDean
A non-machinable stamp is a first class stamp for a one ounce envelope at a two ounce price. It is a different stamp that the automated system is supposed to recognize as needing to be hand sorted and cancelled and kicked out of line before being machine sorted. You can also just put two forever stamps on and request non-machinable.
However, it only works about half the time. So, although I hand deliver non-machinable letters to the post office, I still add extra padding for VFT, Sarr, and the rare Cobra Lily seeds to give them a little more protection.
MikeB liked this
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

Not what you would expect...

Why, the portion cup in from of the binata in the […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Advice On Using Pool

I'd just use the pools as giant saucers.

What on earth is this?

Looks a lot like springtails to me. Other possibil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!