FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By murrkywaters
If it gets goopy enough, and the pitcher isn't going to be able to handle the whole thing you can suck it up through a straw and give it to a few others so it doesn't go to waste. Unless you really want to eat it...

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

By murrkywaters
If you can find some old shallow plastic containers I'd switch over to the tray method. I'm not experienced enough to know if that will fix it. I also prune dead pitchers on mine so it doesn't lose any resources on a lost cause (assuming it is no longer capable of effectively photosynthesizing. What soil mix do you have it in?

By murrkywaters
Also I think you should be able to grow most sarracenia outdoors year round since Kyle does have more rain/less arid wind blowing through it constantly. I've seen pictures of native flava sp. In east tx. You're just a little south west of Austin, which has a fairly large carnivorous plant store. You may be able to get some more detailed info from them.

By murrkywaters
If you get crafty you can get most of it taken care of without paying a cent. Although I can't speak for them, info@carnivero.com might not mind giving some location specific advice. I hope things go well for you, or at least better for the next two years until you can get out on your own. It'll go by faster than you think.

By Ben Goudge
Joshuamarshall792 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:49 pm I can't get a job because my dad is effing lazy and can't get me a identity, or a damn car! I struggle to get myself things while my sister can buy a
mini fridge 40$
Oil diffuser 30$
Tons of clothes 200$
A very nice bed +2 mattresses 800$
She got the bed because my dad said she does a lot around here!
Even though she loves watching kids and babysitting and she gets paid for every tiny thing she does! And when I do hard work and bust my ass off I get almost nothing! Just 20$ each month! She gets a huge salary for doing the smallest things jsut like a baby that could talk all along but when the parents found out the whole world thought it would never happen, so they start going nuts! I get paid nothing for the things I do!

dragons are red, scams are blue, but green is true!
I'm so sorry, man. My deepest sympathies to you.
By sanguinearocks101
Joshuamarshall792 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:49 pm Even though she loves watching kids and babysitting and she gets paid for every tiny thing she does! And when I do hard work and bust my ass off I get almost nothing! Just 20$ each month! She gets a huge salary for doing the smallest things jsut like a baby that could talk all along but when the parents found out the whole world thought it would never happen, so they start going nuts! I get paid nothing for the things I do!

dragons are red, scams are blue, but green is true!
Welcome to the world bud :lol: If you save up for a while you could buy a motor kit for your bicycle and use that for transportation. Try switching jobs with your sister for a while. Also, I can understand how you feel. I work hard at my job, and it isn’t just an office job, it involves carrying heavy equipment and dealing with pain in the butt annoying people that will complain about every single thing you do. I get paid minimum wage. Yet, other people who don’t work nearly as hard as me get payed a butt load of money.

Lol mine could use a few lessons from yours! :D Af[…]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!