FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I now have some of the VFT seeds packaged up and available for request by eligible members. The surprise about them is that these come from Matt at FlytrapCare. He hand pollinated many to try for possible new cultivars, but they're not separated out so they're all essentially OP from his 2019 crop.
These are all FTC VFT seeds, and could literally be anything in his collection, any combination of cultivars, or the next big new cultivar that will be on everyone's want list. Matt said the germination rate isn't what he expected, hovering at +/- 50%, so each pack contains about 50 seeds as per his suggestion.
The only caveat that comes with these seeds is, if you get a new and unique plant, a new cultivar, you are required to give Matt and I a division or two. OK, no, not really, you don't have to, I'm only joking. But it would be a nice gesture, just sayin'.
However, we may have to start a thread to see the diversity that will likely come from these seeds.
I'll get more packaged and available as I can.
Thanks Matt.
Happy growing,
Chef
By Panman
Take your time! You don't want to rush things like this. That is, of course until my new month is up.
Attachments:
c21bdd69-caef-4838-861d-a7a88b877235-x.jpeg
c21bdd69-caef-4838-861d-a7a88b877235-x.jpeg (57.63 KiB) Viewed 2579 times
By Matt
ChefDean wrote:The only caveat that comes with these seeds is, if you get a new and unique plant, a new cultivar, you are required to give Matt and I a division or two. OK, no, not really, you don't have to, I'm only joking. But it would be a nice gesture, just sayin'.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is certainly not a requirement, but I'd love to have a new cultivar originate from the FlytrapCare Forum :D
ChefDean, Panman, StaatS+17+ and 2 others liked this
By ChefDean
There's more seeds here than I originally fathomed. In light of having an abundance of them, I have moved the FTS VFT OP seeds to tier 1 to increase availability.
Any member with one month of membership and 5 non-giveaway posts can now request these seeds. However, if you're a new grower, please read this before you request.
http://www.flytrapcare.com/venus-fly-tr ... ation.html
Now I'll work on getting more packs made up.
Happy growing,
Dean
By P A U L
How will we know if it's new?
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

Supply the air fare and lodging and I will be ther[…]

Here's the one seedling that I managed to get grow[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!