FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Apollyon wrote:I'd love to try a couple of seeds man. Who'd pass up the opportunity to have a blue cactus?
Shoot me your address in a PM and I'll drop some seeds in the mail for you. Unfortunately, I've sown all of the Sharxx Blue seed, but I have two other varieites on my desk. One is called "Alchemist" and the other is "Inti Solaris" and both were wild-harvested in Peru. "Inti Solaris" has very long spines and "Alchemist" has very short spines and looks quite thick. I have no idea if the seeds will propagate to be similar to the parents or not, but it will be fun to find out!

Apollyon wrote:You should follow up on that TC experiment though because I'd love to see how it turns out in a couple of months. I hear TC can ramp up growth to insane levels, like Nepenthes.
Yes, TC dramatically accelerates the speed at which plants grow. With Venus flytraps, you can have a full grown plant in only about 12 months and, not only that, but it will have divided into dozens and dozens of plants.
By Matt
Bixtor36 wrote:I have a few Bolivian Torch and I love them!
Me too! Aren't they great?!

Bixtor36 wrote:I've always wanted to try seeds, but wary of the ebay sellers looks like you got a good source though!
Yep! I found two sellers on eBay that are legitimate. I knew nothing about growing Echinopsis but they are super easy so far and very rewarding because they grow fast compared to CPs!! :D
By Matt
Bixtor36 wrote:Are these guys pretty easy to grow from seed? I've never tried cacti from seed before
Super easy growers. I hadn't grown cacti from seed before either but have had no issues. The seeds germinate pretty quickly and the babies grow quite fast compared to CPs.
By Bixtor36
Matt wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:34 pm
Bixtor36 wrote:Are these guys pretty easy to grow from seed? I've never tried cacti from seed before
Super easy growers. I hadn't grown cacti from seed before either but have had no issues. The seeds germinate pretty quickly and the babies grow quite fast compared to CPs.
Awesome! That's very exciting! And tempting :lol:
Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!