FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By That one plant boi
Hello guys!
So a while ago, back when I was more of a nepenthes noob, I purchased a reinwardtiana and a ramispina x vogelii. I grow all of my nepenthes outdoors here in central Florida. I have mostly lowland neps which are all loving the heat and humidity here. They're doing great! The reinwardtiana took off but the hybrid did not. So I have done some research and discovered that my hybrid is in fact closer to being an intermediate/highland plant then a lowlander, having highland and intermediate parents.

Anyway, enough with the background lore. Basically, since I can pretty much only grow lowland plants here, I am looking to trade this hybrid plant here for a lowland nep. I am mostly interested in pure species, but hybrids will do as well as long as they are true lowlanders.

Here's what I already have/not interested in:
Rafflesiana
Reinwardtiana
Miranda
Mirabilis
Viking
Ventrata

Plant information:
The plant has a bit of sunburn on a few of the leaves. The leaves tend to turn a shade of red when given strong lighting. Somehow, it is still (sort of) creating new pitchers for me even though the max humidity level indoors is at max 44-45%. I would say its growth rate is medium but it might pick up the pace if grown in a more favorable environment. Also, it's got two growth points and a basal shoot!

Overall, the plant seems to be very forgiving and hardy and would enjoy growing with somebody who could take better care of it then I can.

This plant will be shipped potted.

Here are a few photos!

ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By Apollyon
You can grow some intermediates out here with little trouble, like Veitchii. I have a couple veitchii outside on my patio and they're doing fine. My buddy has a few intermediates under shade cloth as well

Just don't want you to close off your options. Ampullaria would be a good lowland choice though
By That one plant boi
Apollyon wrote:You can grow some intermediates out here with little trouble, like Veitchii. I have a couple veitchii outside on my patio and they're doing fine. My buddy has a few intermediates under shade cloth as well

Just don't want you to close off your options. Ampullaria would be a good lowland choice though
I definitely agree with that. I have an intermediate thats currently doing great out here. You might even mistake it for a lowland, lol.
But this plant just doesn't like it here, I guess, so I've just decided to give it to somebody else rather than force it to grow through our hot summer.

Definitely keeping an eye out for ampullaria though. They're really nice plants.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Apollyon liked this
Drosera germination time

I know I got the "Redrum" seeds from th[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!