FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Granpa Walt
Most of the canivorous plant suppliers seem to from north of of the Mason-Dixon line, the Northeast and Northwest, arid Western States or California.

I thought that plants from Southeast Texas, Southern areas of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, or western Florida would be acclimated to the weather and conditions where I live.

Help with this information and your recommendations will be appreciated.

Grow forth and multiply,
GrandPa Walt

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

By MikeB
PM'ed you.
Matt liked this
By Matt
Granpa Walt wrote:Most of the canivorous plant suppliers seem to from north of of the Mason-Dixon line, the Northeast and Northwest, arid Western States or California.

I thought that plants from Southeast Texas, Southern areas of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, or western Florida would be acclimated to the weather and conditions where I live.
To be honest, Venus flytraps and other CPs acclimated to growing in southern Oregon and California, with the very hot and dry weather, would be sufficiently acclimated to do well in almost any climate. They'd certainly be ready for some of that southern humidity! But could do well in lower humidity climates whereas other growers in the south couldn't say the same for their plants.
By optique
I got 25baby typical and a alien from Matt's store in OR shipped all the way to me in S.Carolina mid summer and they did not skip a beat. some of the baby's are like 5in+ already.

honestly i would be more concerned about shipping delays USPS is having some issues this year.
Matt liked this
By Matt
optique wrote:honestly i would be more concerned about shipping delays USPS is having some issues this year.
Agreed. The shipping delays are more worrying that the location where the plants are sourced. Let's hope USPS can get their problems worked out. They've definitely negatively impacted a lot of small businesses this year.
By Do_Gon
Matt wrote:
optique wrote:honestly i would be more concerned about shipping delays USPS is having some issues this year.
Agreed. The shipping delays are more worrying that the location where the plants are sourced. Let's hope USPS can get their problems worked out. They've definitely negatively impacted a lot of small businesses this year.
I wouldn't go blaming usps for that.
VFTNoob liked this

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Not what you would expect...

The old trailer is kinda spooky as it is, withou[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!