FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By red
optique wrote:I think is looks ok for a death cube plant. just keep it in full sun, and it should recover. The one i got from lowes could not even close at all and it is recovering after a full burning of old leaves.

proper care and time is all it takes...

I plan on moving my temperate plants to a mini bog garden
By SarraceniaLover319
red wrote:Optique

Your vft looks good to me

But it does look a little sickly, after seeing that my plant looks better, also my “purpuera” is turning purple
Optiques plant looks perfectly healthy and not sickly at all. It looks way better than your flytrap.
By red
SarraceniaLover319 wrote:
red wrote:Optique

Your vft looks good to me

But it does look a little sickly, after seeing that my plant looks better, also my “purpuera” is turning purple
Optiques plant looks perfectly healthy and not sickly at all. It looks way better than your flytrap.

Oh ok
By Artchic528
Okay, first of all, Red's plant looks sickly. Probably because his pot is a vase and doesn't have drainage. His flytraps are way over watered IMHO.

Secondly, don't know why Red thinks his plant looks better than the one Optique posted. It's obviously the other way around. Maybe Red should look at what healthy VFTs look like on Google Images. lol
By red
Artchic528 wrote:Okay, first of all, Red's plant looks sickly. Probably because his pot is a vase and doesn't have drainage. His flytraps are way over watered IMHO.

Secondly, don't know why Red thinks his plant looks better than the one Optique posted. It's obviously the other way around. Maybe Red should look at what healthy VFTs look like on Google Images. lol

I thought you weren’t going to be on my forums again

You said you were done with my behavior

And yet here you are
By red
Artchic528 wrote:Okay, first of all, Red's plant looks sickly. Probably because his pot is a vase and doesn't have drainage. His flytraps are way over watered IMHO.

I moved all my temperate plants to mini bog garden, the pot is plastic
By red
Fieldofscreams wrote:Optiques plant looks healthy and happy. In a growing season or two it will look something like this.

You sure that plant hasn’t split?
By red
Fieldofscreams wrote:Ummm yeah, counting every plant in there it might have about 20-25 individual plants, maybe more.
I haven’t seen a single Venus flytrap with that many traps, the rhizome would have to be huge
By Fieldofscreams
Wouldn't be possible, they seem to have a terminal size and then they divide off instead of getting bigger.

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!