FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By That one plant boi
Hello!
Recently I ordered a bicalcarata and I plan on growing outdoors here in central Florida. Our day Temps are in the upper 80's/low 90's. Night Temps are are usually in the mid 70's
Humidity at night is usually around 90%. Humidity during the day can drop a bit but I think the micro climate I have my other neps in tends to be higher in Humidity during the day.

So I'm pretty excited about acquiring a bicalcarata since its been on my wanted list for a while. However, I held off on getting it because I was afraid to try growing it since it tends to be more picky, but the other day I just went for it and got one since my conditions seem favorable.

I'd really appreciate any tips or concerns you have regarding me growing this plant.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By Apollyon
I live in Central Florida myself. My friend had a Bical and said it was great outside in the warmer months. It needed to be brought in for the winter drops though. He said it wasn't really forgiving at all. But overall he grew it outdoors about 9-10 months out of the year.
By That one plant boi
Ok, cool! Did he happen to mention the growth rate? I keep hearing mixed opinions saying they are slow/fast growers.

By Apollyon
Sorry, he didn't say much about that. He did say it did well out there though. I'll guess the climate was favorable. I have a coworker that just purchased one and grows in on his patio but he hasn't had it very long.
By That one plant boi
Apollyon wrote:Sorry, he didn't say much about that. He did say it did well out there though. I'll guess the climate was favorable. I have a coworker that just purchased one and grows in on his patio but he hasn't had it very long.
Awesome, thanks!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!