FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
I've got a 4x2 growing area with 4 48" 40w 6500k fluorescent lights. I will be moving some capes, VFTsn and Sarr seedlings in for the winter. How close should they be to the lights. I'm trying to balance their need for light with the ability to get to the planrs to water them. The stand that they will be in is not easy to adjust.
By Propag8
I find this to be the biggest downside with fluorescent lighting that it has to be so close. I find it a pain to water also as I have to slide my trays out from under my lights to access them properly. Mine are also about 6 inches away. I'm thinking about using metal halide later down the line as I can have it much further away. I also find it ruins being able to look at my plants properly too as my grow space is around waist level I have to either slide out the trays or get down low to get a good view. Luckily I have the height in my room to rig something for adjustment eventually but on a shelf I could see it getting very tedious.

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!