FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By Greenthumbs Garden
I had my Dragon fruits flower last week, they flower for one night only! So in about 40+ days i should know what type they are and have some tasty homegrown fruits! The flowers were amazing, i felt privileged to be able to see them.
here is the hand pollination vid!
By uxleumas
Dr GreenThumb wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:37 pm I had my Dragon fruits flower last week, they flower for one night only! So in about 40+ days i should know what type they are and have some tasty homegrown fruits! The flowers were amazing, i felt privileged to be able to see them.
oh nice! you have a youtube channel? just a question: why do some plants only flower for 1 day or 1 hour or some even flower for only 10 minutes? is . there a reason for that?
Greenthumbs Garden liked this
By optimus prime
Dr GreenThumb wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:37 pm I had my Dragon fruits flower last week, they flower for one night only! So in about 40+ days i should know what type they are and have some tasty homegrown fruits! The flowers were amazing, i felt privileged to be able to see them.
That’s cool I’ve always wanted to grow dragon fruity would you trade for a cutting.
Greenthumbs Garden liked this
By Greenthumbs Garden
@uxleumas, I'm not sure why I never thought to look into it. You have me intrigued, lol
By Greenthumbs Garden
@optimus prime, Sure, are you based in Europe? Once it has finished fruiting I am planning to give it a very good prune and re-pot it with a frame for it to grow up. I'm planning to make a lot of cuttings. I would be very happy to do some trading :D
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! […]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!!

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!