FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Propag8
Its called the higgs boson (god particle) and the magnetic field thing I was trying to explain is called the higgs field. Theoretical particle physics. Super nerd alert :roll: this is obviously the more obscure way of looking at it as I totally don't understand it lol.
Last edited by Propag8 on Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
By evenwind
So are you gonna take the red pill or the blue one?
Propag8 liked this
By Propag8
:lol: I love that film! haven't seen it in years. Now that's another theory all together lol.
By zendercosm_11
Propag8 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:35 pm There's loads of weird theories that we and all other objects are all essentially vibrating waves of particles held together by an almost bio magnetic field (the god particle) so not a hologram at all more like an illusion. What's crazy if I remember rightly scientists actually discovered the force that binds the atoms of all material things so they don't split apart back into the elements they are initially made up of. Apparently our brains decipher what something looks and feels like based on the frequency or speed it vibrates at the atomic level. So if our brains couldn't interpret the language of these vibrations the world would look nothing like we see it. I know its very weird but intriguing. By the way I know nothing about science it's just stuff I've read lol.
That’s bloody awesome, & very well said. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 I tend to find schools of thought that cater to extreme theorists intriguing, and potentially applicable; depending on the cognitive abilities of the individual in question. Personally, I’m way too looney toons to be a fully functioning member of society, so I have adjusted to being the village yokel living in a homemade bog. :lol:
Propag8 liked this
By Propag8
Village idiot sounds more like the life for me lol. As I over think a lot I prefer the simple life I find it calms me and centres me a bit when I'm stressed. I think growing plants is ingrained in our DNA from our ancestors from centuries of farming. Similar to that feeling of being at home somehow when you take a stroll in the forest or through nature in general. I swear I was a hippy in a previous life :lol:
zendercosm_11 liked this
By Apollyon
Very interesting turn this thread has taken. Growing up I was fascinated by philosophy and the machinations of the world and the possibilities with the unknown. I'm inclined to agree with @Propag8, I tend to overthink to a fault and find it easier to just simplify the world and opt for a calm life in general (best I can anyway).

Could very well be that we inherit a predisposition for certain things like growing plants or how we're inclined to gravitate towards certain "hobbies." In a way that you have a lot in common with a close relative you never speak to and share familiar qualities with them.
Propag8, zendercosm_11 liked this
By Propag8
Apollyon I still love to read philosophy especially far eastern stuff like the Taoist text they really get you thinking. This was my point about us deeper thinkers because we already know we love growing plants but now we sit here wondering why is it that we love growing plants? lol. One question leads to another until your brains fried. Its definitely a trigger for anxiety.
By sanguinearocks101
When I was growing up I was never one to fit in, I pretty much jumped friend groups every year. The only time people really wanted to be near me was during tests :lol: (I’m very book smart). I was and still am very introverted. I loved thinking about machines and engineering and hoped to become an engineer some day. I like finding patterns in people and society, like the pattern that is happening with college prices, they are going up and once they get up high enough they will crash down low due to people not being able to afford it. I also had a hard stance on certain things but do not wish to share them(nothing bad) so this thread doesn’t turn out like the Flytrap dormancy is not necessary thread. I tended to be working while others were sitting around doing nothing. I also dreamt of having a self sustaining house somewhere in the woods as I love nature and liked climbing trees. I’m glad I found this forum because with my lack of friends and nearby family I like talking with people to avoid getting too depressed. Welp, don’t know about you but this was pretty good therapy for me.
Propag8, zendercosm_11 liked this
By optimus prime
Why are we talking about therapy
zendercosm_11 liked this
By zendercosm_11
Propag8 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:35 pm Village idiot sounds more like the life for me lol. As I over think a lot I prefer the simple life I find it calms me and centres me a bit when I'm stressed. I think growing plants is ingrained in our DNA from our ancestors from centuries of farming. Similar to that feeling of being at home somehow when you take a stroll in the forest or through nature in general. I swear I was a hippy in a previous life :lol:
Everything about what you just said should be etched somewhere in stone. I bought a book on Druidry & was reading it in a bar, back in 2013. It was Sunday brunch time in the Bible Belt (meaning mimosa o’clock for all the baptists [no offense to Christianity or Christians]) and I obviously wanted to piss in the wrong bowl of Cheerios. When the guy three stools down from me asked me what my book was about, I said “Honoring the universe through ritualistic preservation practices in nature—like composting, growing trees in random places, encouraging nature to reclaim itself,” He was looking at me like I had called him a French hooker that smelled like cheap sushi, so I quickly changed pace,”—the typical hippy dippy bull*hit your granddaddy told you to be afraid of. Careful man, I’m a gay democrat, too!” He did in fact curse at me before moving to a cocktail table. I mean, he did ask...
Propag8, sanguinearocks101, Apollyon and 1 others liked this
By Propag8
Well you've got us sanguinearocks lol. I understand what you mean. I was pretty outgoing when i was younger it was adulthood that took it's toll on me. I've been on anxiety meds for a good 10 years but it's mainly under control now. Its crazy to think ten years ago it just wasn't accepted to mention your mental health struggles I think even more so for guys with the "just man up" mentality but at the end of the day we are all just as susceptible to stress at some point in our lives. :D
Matt liked this
By optimus prime
I’ve always been the outcast at my school. I’ve got friend but no one is into growing things.
zendercosm_11 liked this
By optimus prime
And I know what your thinking, “OptIMuS I ThoUgHT yOu wERe HoMeShoOLEd” I am but I go to a co-op
zendercosm_11 liked this
By Propag8
Zendercosm that sounds like a close call lucky they didn't beat you up lol. I'm not religious but I do find the old pagan religions like druidism very interesting. Not for the beliefs but more their concept of nature, much like indigenous tribes they seem to be able to take what they need from nature without causing to much damage something us westerners have long forgotten.
zendercosm_11 liked this
By Propag8
Hey optimus thats what we are here for. We're your buddies that also love weird plants lol ;) .
Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

S. flava or a hybrid

Advice On Using Pool

I'd just use the pools as giant saucers.

Is the pot draining? What water are you using? Wha[…]

What on earth is this?

Looks a lot like springtails to me. Other possibil[…]

What’s happening

Ok so I went looking again today and noticed a sid[…]

All three of those are available in the seed bank[…]

Email them (or call them) and ask if it's pure per[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!