FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By bjlewis
Hi! I’m brand new to the Venus flytrap world. Bought one for my apartment due to having a bad seal on my balcony door and having some gnats from time to time. Came with all the potting material and care information and all but I have a few questions. I will do my best to find the correct posts to ask them on. Thank you!
optimus prime liked this
By MikeB
Welcome to the madness! ;) Be sure to click on the FlytrapCare.com link at the top of the page. It has excellent care instructions for the new flytrap owner.
By optimus prime
bjlewis wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:44 am Hi! I’m brand new to the Venus flytrap world. Bought one for my apartment due to having a bad seal on my balcony door and having some gnats from time to time. Came with all the potting material and care information and all but I have a few questions. I will do my best to find the correct posts to ask them on. Thank you!
Welcome to the forum I’m in Boerne Texas which is right next to San Antonio! You’ll soon find out that the there’s more than the standard fly trap. If you are looking for a good gnat catcher I would recommend a sundew. They have sticky leaves that trap and absorb the insects nutrients. If you want to know some good sundews to start off with I would recommend a sundew capensis they are very beautiful and incredibly easy to grow.happy growing!
-Jayden

Psalms 46:10
By Joshuamarshall792
hackerberry wrote:Welcome to the Forums!
Damn I haven't seen you in awhile hackerberry!!!

dragons are red, scams are blue! but green is true!

By Joshuamarshall792
hackerberry wrote:Welcome to the Forums!
Welcome back! Man all of these old forum members are coming back I was a member since 2010 but I created a new account that says 2018 because I forgot my password to both my email and my fly trap care forum account!

dragons are red, scams are blue! but green is true!

By hackerberry
Hey buddy, I don’t post that much. Just checking on spammers and reported messages. Hope everything is well. I’ve not seen some of the oldies around.
By Matt
@hackerberry, thanks so much for checking in on things, Jun! You should post more :D

There are a number of old users who have recently come back to the site and are posting again. Love seeing that!
My outdoor nepenthes

I live in Malaysia, too bad I only have a small ba[…]

My wrong, that picture was probably of a nepenthes[…]

Unidentified seed give away

I have about a bazillion seeds if you want some I&[…]

VFT seeds

There's more seeds here than I originally fathomed[…]

Indica complex!

Prof Siegfried Hartmeyer posted a video on how to […]

Utric leaf and scape cuttings

Can a Utric be propagated by cuttings? I had notic[…]

Maxsea extreme dilution

Isn't that what good science is for? Sent from my[…]

International seeds

Well, the seeds I sent to Romania six weeks ago di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!