FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Albo
Hi all,

Just picked these up from the garden centre. Any idea on exactly what plants they are please? They don’t look in the best of health!

Cheers,

Alex
Attachments:
2689A72A-82E0-4FE0-9989-03DE9B0952A7.jpeg
2689A72A-82E0-4FE0-9989-03DE9B0952A7.jpeg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 1386 times
93D3B7D5-6233-4CCD-8CEB-90AD08209E98.jpeg
93D3B7D5-6233-4CCD-8CEB-90AD08209E98.jpeg (2.08 MiB) Viewed 1386 times
By ChefDean
First pic, background, Venus Flytrap. But those are pretty recognizable, so you probably already knew that.
First pic, foreground, Nepenthes. I'm no Nep expert, but it looks like a Ventricosa or Ventrata. Getting them from a garden center, it's likely one of those.
Second pic, Sarracenia. No idea what species, I'm definitely not the guy to even guess. I'm still learning Sarrs, so it could be a common Leucophylla, a Minor, or it could be ((abc x def) x (ghi x jkl)) x ((mno x pqr) x (stu x vwx)). Probably something not quite as complex as that though.
However, they all appear to be in good condition. The VFT and Sarr would do much better outside, and depending on temp (stay above 10°C/50°F), and indirect light all day, the Nep would do fine outside too.
By Albo
ChefDean wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:02 pm First pic, background, Venus Flytrap. But those are pretty recognizable, so you probably already knew that.
First pic, foreground, Nepenthes. I'm no Nep expert, but it looks like a Ventricosa or Ventrata. Getting them from a garden center, it's likely one of those.
Second pic, Sarracenia. No idea what species, I'm definitely not the guy to even guess. I'm still learning Sarrs, so it could be a common Leucophylla, a Minor, or it could be ((abc x def) x (ghi x jkl)) x ((mno x pqr) x (stu x vwx)). Probably something not quite as complex as that though.
However, they all appear to be in good condition. The VFT and Sarr would do much better outside, and depending on temp (stay above 10°C/50°F), and indirect light all day, the Nep would do fine outside too.
Thanks Chef! Im brand new to carnivorous plants. Got a Purple Pitcher & a Cape Sundew last week and went back for these 3 today (I was already aware of the Venus fly trap, he was photobombing).

Happy to hear they look in good condition, I assumed because I had to pick a lot of dead bits off that they might not be great. Not even sure I should Have removed the dead bits!
By Albo
Joshuamarshall792 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:13 pm
Albo wrote:Hi all,

Just picked these up from the garden centre. Any idea on exactly what plants they are please? They don’t look in the best of health!

Cheers,

Alex
Those look very healthy!!!!! What are you talking about???

dragons are red, scams are blue! but green is true!
Glad to hear it! To my very untrained eye they didn’t look too good :lol:

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!